Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the owner ship of infrastructure. From offices in over 50 countries, SNC-Lavalin’s employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide EPC and EPCM services to clients in a variety of industry sectors, including renewables, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. SNC-Lavalin can also combine these services with its financing and operations and maintenance capabilities to provide complete end-to-end project solutions.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the contracting and commercial arrangements for a specific portfolio of small, medium and large value of IT contracts. In addition to performing the full range of procurement and contracting activities, including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation and preparation of contracts, providing procurement advice will be important too.
The role will be responsible for managing a range of preferred suppliers, identifying cost reduction and efficiency opportunities and overseeing the process for measuring supplier performance – all are elements of a role where continually enhancing project specific procurement strategies to maintain optimum value for money will be key.
- Establishing strategic procurement plans for defined projects and facilities contracts obtaining the buy-in of key stakeholders and delivery of these on time and to budget.
- Establishment and maintenance of the appropriate purchasing and supply chain controls to deliver the business objectives, including identification and measurement of procurement related KPIs.
- Implementation of the supplier management tools and processes in their defined project areas, collaboration with the relevant cross-functional stakeholders to measure and drive supplier related improvement.
- Identification and delivery of cost reduction opportunities and measures to reduce the operational cost base using the full range of procurement tools and processes, including potentially e-procurement where appropriate.
- Support supplier negotiations with support from cross functional partners as appropriate to secure the most favorable outcome for SNC-Lavalin whilst taking account of the long-term strategy.
- Support and lead where appropriate, in drafting agreements with suppliers using the appropriate contract templates and utilizing the business experts as needed.
- Understand, implement and comply with the SNC-Lavalin policies and ensure the same within the supplier base.
- Collaboration with internal/ external customers to meet current needs and explore opportunities for mutual benefit.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities.
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Interface internally with managers/directors, commercial managers, HSQE, Facilities, engineering, Project Managers and finance colleagues. External interfaces with key contacts within the supply chain third party suppliers and relevant external bodies as appropriate.
What you can bring:
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating, developing and implementing effective procurement and contract strategies,
- Sound commercial aptitude with knowledge of industry forms of contract and commercial arrangements.
- Strong knowledge of the relevant Supplier Market and an understanding of EU/UK Procurement Directives
- Awareness of the contractual requirements in an environment where safety is of paramount importance.
- Ability to communicate strategies and concepts simply and effectively
- Influence and persuade stakeholders
- Good knowledge of Procurement activities with broad based experience in operational, commercial and financial activities across a range of businesses.
- Experience working as a Senior Buyer or similar role.
- Degree/CIPS qualification preferred
- Experience working in a multi-national business would be advantageous
SNC-Lavalin develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
SNC-Lavalin offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/your-benefits
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
SNC-Lavalin, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
SNC-Lavalin, recognize that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs