Why join us?
We seek an experienced energetic Program Manager in our Denver, CO office. The ideal candidate will have experience managing capital programs for key clients, overseeing all aspects of the program management office including Project Management, Controls, Communications, Technology, Regulatory, and other aspects as required by the client. This role involves the management of multiple projects in a specific delivery system. The role will be responsible for the financial performance of projects of considerable magnitude and risk to the Company. Typical projects might include major construction management engagements, design-build projects of national significance, design-build-operate-maintain undertakings, unique and complex wastewater treatment facility design, or large environmental studies requiring specialized knowledge and abilities. The position will also be responsible for mentoring project staff associated with highly sophisticated and unconventional projects. Projects of this magnitude generally involve over $5 million annually in net revenue and require very specialized expertise or experience of the individual. Job requires approximately 20% travel.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Direct Atkins-led program management office (PMO) responsible for supporting key client(s) in the development, design, and delivery of their capital projects and programs
- Manage resources across Atkins and subconsultants to ensure appropriate staffing levels within the PMO
- Coordinate with client project manager and key client representatives to manage workload, deliverables, and task order budgets across ever-evolving client priorities
- Represent client at public-facing events and activities, including presentations to industry, to governing bodies, and to the public
- Develop products for the client including Power Point presentations, Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, PowerBI analytics; oversee and review the development of such products as completed by the PMO
- Lead and facilitate meetings and decisions related to the program within the client’s organization
- Communicate program and project status to key stakeholders across a range of horizontal and vertical industries (highways, bridges, airports, parks, recreation centers, libraries, and more)
- Identify gaps within client program and project management process and instill best practices as requested by client
- Develop, communicate and manage project quality assurance, administrative procedures, communication guidelines, project deliverable formats and specifications, and progress reporting requirements
- Direct project team compliance with contract terms, monitors subcontractors' progress, performance and compliance with contractual commitments; participates in contract dispute resolution and litigation concerning project performance, administration and other liability issues; reviews and approves subconsultant and vendor invoices, and resolves payment disputes
- Monitor schedules, billings and reports; ensures appropriate charging of manhours, costs and expenses to projects; assists in obtaining payment from clients; resolves client disputes and adjusts billing records as required; communicates project progress/status to senior management and alerts them of project production, quality control or financial performance problems
- Assist management team in identifying staffing needs based on future workload and manpower projections for project staffing
- Identify new business opportunities for the firm, coordinate and participate in project presentations to clients and other external groups, and promote firm's capabilities, marketing its services among existing and prospective clients
- Participate in project opportunity evaluation, consultant selection, and in the preparation of firm's qualification/experience statement
- Coordinate communications between internal and external associates and client, and between firm and regulatory agencies. Maintain frequent contact with clients and regulatory agency personnel to determine their respective needs and requirements and serves as expert witness at project hearings and judicial proceedings if necessary
- Responsible for maintaining positive client relations with existing clients and building new relationships with others
- Develop, implement, and monitor annual and strategic marketing plans for targeted projects; participates in the development of Strategic Plan
- Actively pursue, investigate, and evaluate new or expanded opportunities for associated projects and services within the firm by maintaining contacts with current and prospective client decision makers; identifies and works toward the resolution of client relations problems
- Maintain visibility and professional courtesy by actively participating in civic and professional organizations and encourages project staff to do the same
- Collaborate with BUs and other groups throughout SNC-Lavalin including the Global Development Center (GDC), Data Transfer Solutions (DTS), and SNC-Lavalin technology, to help grow pipeline, meeting needs of existing clients and developing new client bases
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, Business or related field. Graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or Masters Degree a plus. This level may be achieved with ten years of experience in project production and technical professional activities, four of these working as a project manager.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability; very strong financial management, team management, and leadership skills; ability to manage and coordinate efforts of various projects to produce budgeted profits and overall results. Possesses specific expertise to the extent that the individual is regarded as one of the Company's experts in a specific discipline, contract delivery method, particular type of project, planning process, design method, or modeling technique.
- Ten years relevant work within the infrastructure and capital program industry
- Personal computer and Microsoft Office proficiencies are required.
- Proficient in scheduling applications (Primavera P6/Project) and Microsoft applications (Office/ PowerBi).
- Professional registration in field of practice is preferred, if available, e.g., P.E., A.I.C.P., R.A., or R.L.A. Certification as a "Project Management Professional" (PMP) or "Certified Construction Manager" (CCM) required within one year of assuming this position.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Salary Range: $175,000-$215,000
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs