The role of the Programming Specialist role profile within Nuclear is to carry out mainstream applications development and modifications to individual programs or components of programs/subsystems. This role profile generally operates within the Engineering Systems Division of the SNC-Lavalin Nuclear Group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and/or configure and deliver information systems. This could include commercial off-the-shelf software, outsourced custom builds or in-house developed solutions.
- Competently works on programming activities
- Manages source code, applying defined code management, configuration management and change control processes, and adheres to software development methodologies, standards, and toolsets currently in use.
- Develops code as it relates to enhancements and new build efforts based on system requirements specifications. Responsible for reviewing own code as part of the code review process.
- Prepares required technical documentation (detailed technical design documents, unit test plans) according to established software development methodologies and standards.
- Participates in quality assurance activities, including preparation of test plans/cases, executing unit, system and integration testing, and documenting defects in collaboration with the project team.
- Provides second level production support for the existing portfolio base, liaising with business users and vendor support as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated understanding of the software development lifecycle, development methodologies, and analysis and design techniques and ability to apply these principles over the entire lifecycle of an information system delivery.
- Demonstrated understanding of software testing techniques and toolsets.
- Can accurately estimate development efforts.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Graduation from a recognized educational institution in computer science OR
- Graduation from an equivalent formal educational program and relevant IT experience.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.