Project Assistant - Bristol
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
A fantastic opportunity to join a successful practice within a long-established consultancy. Utility Solutions are looking for a Project Assistant at Bristol office, a role that requires an accurate, numerate individual with an eye for detail. An approachable, calm and collaborative demeanor is also required, to effectively engage with stakeholders at various levels, both internally and externally.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the role entails the provision of project support to a fast paced, dynamic business, which provides utility based products and services to a wide range of clients.
- Educated to minimum GCSE “O” level standard or similar.
- Computer literate, particularly in MS Office
- Experience in a previous finance or project related role
- Ability to identify, analyze, prioritize and resolve problems
- Conscientious, attentive to detail and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic, able to adopt a flexible approach to varying workload and conflicting demands
- Ability to manage time and prioritize workload effectively
- Educated to A-Level standard or similar
- Administration/customer service experience
- Experience with Concur and/or JD Edwards (Oracle) or similar financial management system
- Managing the monthly invoicing process for all projects, as well as dealing with credit notes when required
- Preparing and checking internal cost journals
- Regular reporting of project performance
- Monitoring of client commerical status, e.g. credit check information, debt, payment history
- Coordination and management of supplier payments, i.e. BACS, credit card, invoices
- Chasing unpaid client invoices in liaison with finance department
- Support the Project team with inbox management of the project mailboxes
- Support audits and quality assurance of work within the Project team, reporting findings to the Project Manager and Quality Assurance.
- Set up of new customers within company financial systems
- Providing project support to other teams within the Practice
- To be a competent user of the various systems/databases utilised within the Practice
- General administration e.g filing, scanning and data input
- To assist Project Manager/Team Leader with any staff training
- Additional ad hoc activities as required
- An eye for detail, and a strong level of numerical ability
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team as well as individually with minimal supervision
- Able to manage multiple assignments and changing priorities, being flexible to requirements
- An excellent and pro-active problem solver
- Adaptable to change and possess a diplomatic nature
- A clear and thorough communication style, competent of communicating at all levels
- Flexible, enthusiastic and able to make sound judgements
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.