This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Joining Atkins within their Bristol Project Management Office will offer you the opportunity to work on exciting and rewarding assignments across multiple sectors. It will enable you to develop the skills, knowledge and attributes that fit firmly within the Project Management career pathway. As a Project Controls Officer for Atkins you will help our clients transform their business and position themselves effectively in a fast-changing world. In this role, you will encounter a variety of technical, managerial and people challenges, whilst taking advantage of the support and development opportunities provided.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, we’re driven to ask ‘why’ and make the world a better place – today and tomorrow. At Atkins we offer a world of opportunities, from the projects you’ll work on, to the wide variety of career paths you can pursue. You will take early responsibility for assignments, helping all kinds of public, private and security clients transform their business. Our learning and development support will help you develop the industry skills that our clients seek and value.
You will join our Project Management Office, where you will be supported in learning the skills required to manage, monitor and evaluate projects throughout their full life cycle. We offer the opportunity to be part of a client-facing delivery team from day one. We will empower, trust and stretch you from day one.
Core activities you will be involved in include:
• Managing projects from start to finish as well as delivering value at any stage of the project lifecycle including: Risk, change, stakeholder, supplier and financial Management, Project planning, resourcing and technical assurance
• Developing and implementing digital and technology solutions
• Winning new work by creating compelling bids and spotting opportunities to offer Atkins services.
Who we’re looking for
• An individual who is a self-starter with strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to collaborate with people of all levels
• Prior experience of working in a project environment desirable but not essential
• Strong Excel Skills, VBA would be advantage
• Ability to manipulate big data
• Complex problem solving and analytical skills, enabling innovative solutions and insightful decision making and recommendations
• Confidence working independently, using own initiative and enjoy being part of multidisciplinary teams
• Ambitious, commercially aware and client focused with the drive to keep on learning.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.