Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
To cover a growing portfolio of contracts, we require a Project Controller to Major Projects Project Support Office (PSO) function on the Gloucestershire County Council framework, managing Project Controls tasks on allocated projects and reporting to the Major Projects Lead. The role will be primarily based in Gloucester but may involve some travel to our other offices in the South West and nationwide.
You will act as the intrinsic link between the Project Management, Commercial, Financial and Contract Management teams and provide the co-ordination to allow these teams to operate cohesively and consistently. You will play a key role in executing and improving all project management processes to ensure robust and efficient project delivery to a strict timetable, with reference to the Atkins Business Management System.
- Experience of working within the transportation consultancy industry for key clients, e.g. Local Authorities, Highways England, Network Rail, Developers and/or major Contractors;
- Previous experience of working in a project support role, supporting a project manager/director or team;
- Ability to work independently and to prioritise tasks;
- Good understanding and demonstrable experience of relevant project management suites and astute in commercial / financial procedures;
- Sound Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel;
- Excellent communication and numeracy skills;
- Ability to research information and data independently and ability to find solutions to complex problems;
- Sound interpersonal skills with the ability to converse with a wide range of clients and colleagues across a number of disciplines;
- A willingness to work flexibly from other office locations as required.
- Client engagement experience;
- Experience of working with remote teams to deliver common goals.
- Performing and delivering allocated project tasks, as directed by your Project or Major Projects Lead;
- Tracking project costs and producing finance reports, identifying any anomalies or opportunities for savings or efficiency improvements through better management;
- Ensuring accurate and timely invoicing is carried out;
- Maintaining databases and spreadsheets as directed by your Project or Major Projects Lead, for the purposes of project control;
- Prompting Project Managers / Project Directors for timely inputs to the finance reports and the project management reports;
- Supporting Project Managers on all aspects of financial and commercial processes;
- Prompting for customer feedback forms, inputs to the Lessons Learnt database;
- Preparation of management reporting;
- Preparing document templates to a professional standard, giving guidance where necessary on the Stage Gate, as per Atkins processes and Project Management Processes (full training to be provided);
- Leading commercial operation from pipeline management to final accounts, preparation of reports and specifications for sub-contractor agreements.
- Working with and supporting global, multi-disciplinary delivery teams;
- Developing the PSO function within the Atkins Global Design Centre (GDC).
- Maintaining and developing excellent professional relationships which can secure repeat business;
- Presenting to clients and key stakeholders in a professional, responsive and client-focused manner;
- Client, programme and financial management of projects.
- Assisting with / preparing fee offers for agreement with the client;
- Assisting the Major Projects Team Lead on day to day contractual tasks as appropriate;
- Checking / reviewing the project team proposals;
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs