The Project Controller is responsible to set up, monitor and appraise the financial and schedule performance of the project in accordance with standardized project management processes and best practices. Special focus is on forward looking early warning input to the Project Manager and ensuring that necessary corrective actions are taken.
• Develop and update the Project Controls Plan
• Implement project controls procedures and systems, project controls training and (kick-off) workshops for project management team and/ or contractor
• Review technical bids as member of the bid review team
• Establish and maintain WBS, work packages, project cost ledger, and the project master schedule
• Prepare cost estimates
• Implement cost control, schedule and progress control
• Monitor cost performance to detect and understand variances from the budget
• Produce accurate and unbiased cost forecasts at a detailed and summary level and forecast the final cost of the project
• Identify and ensure early warning of adverse cost trends such that corrective actions may be taken
• Develop and implement the Progress and Schedule Control tools and establish critical path
• Perform “what-if”-analysis and preparation of corrective action when required
• Develop, implement and execute Change Management
• Incorporate the changes to the scope, schedule and cost control systems and to the reporting
• Update and maintain the risk register of the project
• Monitor reimbursable cost
• Implement project financial accounting procedures and systems, financial accounting training and (kick-off) workshops
• Manage the interfaces between the Project Financial Accountant and the project team/contractors
• Ensure that the Contractors’ Project Controls Systems are capable of meeting Client requirements as outlined in the Job Specifications and Execution Procedures and ensure that cost control techniques and tools are adequately and properly implemented
• Provide input to the project reports including Project Monthly Reports, Quarterly Report and the Project Completion Report
• Provide benchmarking figures and gather best practices
• Perform project reviews and audits
• Execute the Project Controls Process on Major Capital Projects as per Client Engineering Manual.
• Ensure that the Project Controls Process is carried out in accordance with the Project Controls Procedure and the Project Controls Plan.
• Manage the interface for Project Controls activities to all required Pharma Departments (e.g. Engineering, Finance, Procurement) and to the Architect/Engineers and Construction Contractors.
• Co-ordinate, lead/supervise and monitor the Project Controls activities of Contractors and other involved parties.
• Constructively challenge project managers regarding cost, schedule and quality.
• Continuously monitor the practicability and the benefit of the Project Controls process and tools included in the Project Controls Procedure Toolbox and suggest improvements.
• Adhere to and enforce Client policies and procedures especially relating to ethics and financial stewardship.
• Relevant Bachelor Degree in Engineering
• Excellent command of English.
• Knowledge of MS Project is a must
• Motivating team player, drive results, good communication skills
• Ability to get buy-in and commitment from both internal and external stakeholders
• Willingness to constructively challenge project managers regarding cost, schedule and quality
• Problem-solving and analytical skills
• Self-starter which requires minimal supervision
• Minimum 5 years relevant project controlling experience in the Pharma Industry
Our Latest Articles