Project Controls Analyst - CanAtom
Project Controls Analyst - CanAtom
The Joint Venture of SNC Lavalin Nuclear and Aecon was formed in 2013 to support the 12.8 Billion-dollar Darlington refurbishment project. The Joint Venture was rebranded under a single unified name CanAtom in 2018. The goal of CanAtom is to strengthen our project delivery and ensure we are functionally aligned as a single and cohesive EPC team. The joint venture was awarded a contract with Ontario Power Generation (OPG) to carry out multiple projects at the Darlington Nuclear Generating Station, including a Retube and Feeder Replacement (RFR) project, a Turbine Generator Refurbishment (TGR) project and an Extended Services Master Services Agreement (ESMSA) with Ontario Power Generation (OPG) for projects at both the Pickering & Darlington Nuclear Generating Stations
II.PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Project Controls Manager the Project Trend Analyst is responsible for identifying, developing and processing Trends, Opportunities, and Change Notices in line with the projects change management plan.
III.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the cost and schedule trend program for project activities.
- Collaborate with project team to identify and develop Trends, Opportunities, and Change Notices in line with Project Trend and Change Management process requirements.
- Interfaces with field management, engineering, and supervision to determine potential trends and articulates/estimates trend impacts to project cost and schedule in a timely, accurate and logical manner.
- Individual will be required to complete regular site walks to monitor work progress & potential trends against planned progress.
- Quantifies detailed trend estimates and cost codes individual line items accordingly. Prepares and updates the trend register in a timely and accurate manner for project and functional management review.
- Initiates, organizes, and Leads trend meetings and participates in review and approval of Trends and Changes, including developing agendas, facilitating meetings, and issuing meeting minutes
- Reviews potential changes against project scope and facilitates discussions with project team members.
- Obtains general understanding of the specific scope, execution strategy, and estimate content to be able to respond to general questions about Trends and Project Changes.
- Quantifies detailed trend estimates and cost codes individual line items accordingly
- Provides subject matter specific guidance to project team personnel relating to Trend and project or program change development
- Interfaces closely with Project Contract Management to ensure effective integration of contractual change documentation with the Change Management Procedure
- Interfaces closely with Project Risk Management to ensure effective integration of the Risk Management and Change Control Processes
- Coordinates and validates monthly implementation of trends, opportunities and scope changes in project Budgets, Schedules, and Forecasts, as applicable.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Construction Management or Business
- A minimum of five (5) years project controls experience, preferably includes Cost &/or Trend related past responsibilities Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present data and analysis to project team, PC, and other management groups as required
- A working knowledge of planning work processes and general cost engineering activities is required
- Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Direct experience with Project Trends, Opportunities and Change Management
- Field project controls experience in either Cost or Scheduling
- Experience in estimating and pricing of engineering/construction projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with working knowledge of Microsoft Access and/or Power BI
EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
- External clients and client groups.
- Joint venture partners.
- Site personnel.
- Must be willing to commit to a work location at the Darlington Facility.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Prolonged sedentary positioning
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs