Project Controls Manager for Aviation Construction
Project Controls Manager for Aviation Construction
Our Sacramento team is growing! We are searching for a Project Controls Manager whose work involves coordination, research and problem solving on a variety of projects with unique or controversial problems, the solution of which has an important effect on major organization programs. This position is a fulltime internal position for Faithful+Gould that will sit at the Sacramento Airport project site. We seek individuals who are looking for long term tenure and a career with us!
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
• Responsible to the client for managing project controls and ensuring that established procedures for baseline schedule and cost control budgets are implemented by team.
• Monitors project progress tracks actual expenditures and reports monthly cost forecasts/reports.
• Analyzes status data and trends, presenting monthly reviews to management.
• Has overall responsibility for project cost control, project cost management and management of
• project controls staff
• Oversees the direction of a project controls team or function within a group, office or region.
• Develops and implements the project controls business development plans and activities.
• Assigns and manages project staffing levels and workforce plans.
• Manages staff coordination and workload and directly supervises project controls team.
• Manages, revises, and maintains status of the detailed project cost estimate/forecast to include all phases of project execution from design/engineering, material/equipment procurement and deliveries, construction contracts through startup activities and closeout.
• Tracks and analyzes the project costs including budgets, commitments, actuals, accruals, and forecasts. Analysis includes forecast to budget and estimate, forecast to actuals, and contingency analysis.
• Participates in the development and improvement of project controls systems. Recommends improvements in systems, tools, and methods of project controls and project management.
• Establishes a project work breakdown structure in line with industry best practices.
• Assists in analyzing project control requirements as part of the bid review process to insure all cost control requirements are incorporated into individual contracts and purchase orders.
• Interacts with other project groups in relation to cost codes, purchase order commitments, change orders and sales tax issues as required and to ensure all accounting and regulatory compliance issues or guidelines are implemented.
• Assists in creating detailed project budgets from estimates and in the development of cash flow projections.
• Works with senior project management staff in managing the overall project cost control efforts.
• Works with scheduling staff to develop, manage, revise, and update integrated detailed project schedules including all phases of project execution.
• Assists in early identification of long lead items, resource constraints, and required project start dates.
• Manages key project indicators and project commercial reports.
• Manages internal job costing in relation to the fee and services to be provided, resources required and all project reporting including job number, Project Status Report (PSR) and other company reporting policies.
• Produces forecasts of total project costs, annual costs, and monthly cash flow costs and provides variance analysis and explanations.
• Assists in forecasting engineering and construction resource requirements.
• Assists in coordinating engineering and construction activities in conjunction with overall project schedule requirements. Incorporates engineering and construction contractor schedules into overall project schedules.
• Ensures all contract deliverables and deadlines are met.
• Provides senior level general project management support as necessary (e.g., financial/operational budgeting, consolidation, analysis, forecasting; business development; pricing; billing; key client/consultant relationship management).
• Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field
• five years’ relevant experience
• Must have strong cost management, scheduling, and project planning and estimating skills, as well as the communication skills necessary to interface with external engineering, architectural and construction firms, suppliers, the management team and other organizations within client organizations.
• Must be able to use A/E and CM cost and/or schedule information to evaluate project status.
• Must have experience in developing budgets, cash flows, and/or schedules.
• Experience in commercial, industrial, refinery, semiconductor, and/or pharmaceuticals is preferred.
• Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Working knowledge of industry standard software, including but not limited to SAP, Skire, VersaPro, etc. and ERP, Planning & Scheduling, and cost management applications.
• Experience with Primavera or Microsoft Projects is preferred.
• Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
• AACE membership/certification or RICS membership/Chartered Surveyor is preferred
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles