Project Controls Manager
Project Control Manager
Our team is growing in California! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and 15+ years of project controls experience and at least six-years supporting a multimillion-dollar engineering and construction project, preferably in a public-sector airport, we would like to talk with you! This position will be located at our premier client site at Los Angeles International Airport. This is a full time internal position with Faithful+Gould with robust benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leading integrated project and program management consultancy. We build long-term partnerships with our clients because we are trusted to deliver. Through intellect, innovation, positive thinking and problem solving, we protect and maximize our clients’ interests. We call this Constructive Expertise.
Operating at the forefront of our industry for more than 70 years, we are headquartered in New York, and provide our quality services from strategically located offices across the Americas.
We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise -It’s in our DNA.
Key Identifiers for the Position
• PC experience required
• 15+ years of project controls experience, or five-years supplemented with a master’s degree in Construction Management; and at least six-years supporting a multimillion-dollar engineering and construction project, preferably in a public-sector airport.
• Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical and complicated construction program; and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical- and management-level audience.
• Must be able to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educational backgrounds; must be detail-oriented and highly organized; and must be able to produce accurate
• and timely results while maintaining a customer-service attitude.
• Demonstrated project controls experience managing the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort.
• Essential Job Duties
• Oversee and coordinate activities of the project CA staff in ensuring that the requirements of the P3 Contract Documents are implemented throughout the Contract period
• Ensuring that the requirements of the P3 Contract Documents are implemented throughout the Contract period
• Review contractual notices of claims and providing contractual advice to the Project delivery teams where appropriate.
• Interaction with the relevant Developers in respect of all contractual matters
• Review all contract documents to ensure congruity and to minimize patent and latent ambiguities
• Administration of on-going Contracts, including monitoring Developer and commission compliance
• with the Contract documents
• Prepare correspondence and maintains records necessary to ensure the effective administration of all Contractual matters
• Preparation of Contract change and Task Orders
• Facilitate the contract close-out procedures to ensure that all terms and conditions of contracts have been complied with prior to final payment to Developer
• Ensures that all contractual procedures are implemented and maintained
• Assist on all contractual matters
• Review of Developer’s claims in accordance with the provisions of the Conditions of Contract and ensures the Client’s interests are protected
• Ensures all warranties, bonds, insurances, guarantees, etc. are in place and maintained and updated
• in accordance with the Contract and are in compliance with the Clients requirements
• Preparation of Monthly Progress Reports
• Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of Engineer’s Instructions, Variation Orders and Claim Logs
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of software products, e.g. Excel, Word, etc.
• Understanding with industry software, such as Primavera, Prolog or Expedition, etc.
• Microsoft Office Suite of software is required. Experience with Adobe Acrobat is required.
• Experience with Primavera Project Planner Version 6.0 or higher is desirable.
• Experience with large-scale construction management type software such as Prolog is desirable.
Professional Experience Level/Other Qualifications
• P3 experience is required
• 15+ years of project controls experience, or five-years supplemented with a master’s degree in
• Construction Management; and at least six-years supporting a multimillion-dollar engineering and
• construction project, preferably in a public-sector airport.
• Demonstrated project controls experience managing the design and construction of large-scale,
• complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a
• complicated design effort.
• Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical- and management-level audience. 3
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement