Project Controls Manager Rail
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Project Controls Manager-Rail
Our Bay Area team is growing! We are searching for a Project Controls Manager whose work involves coordination, research and problem solving on a variety of projects with unique or controversial problems, the solution of which has an important effect on major organization programs. Experience in Rail construction is preferred. This position is a fulltime internal position for Faithful Gould. We seek individuals who are looking for long term tenure and a career with us!
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise -It’s in our DNA
• Supervises project control activities under extreme pressure. Develops, interprets, and executes policy, objectives, and standards applicable to scope, cost and schedule control and analysis activities.
• Ability to perform forensic assessments for required diagnosis of schedule and costs.
• Interfaces with management and project team for specific project controls presentations. Develops and presents scope, cost and schedule reports and presentations for key project stakeholders.
• Reviews project work activities to ensure support of project milestones. Develops micro-phasing schedules as required to coordinate particularly challenging work phases; and helps coordinate the various parties to completion.
• Participates in discussions with designers, contractors and other third-party entities to proactively identify project risks; and develop recommendations as to how to mitigate the risks.
• Participates in reviewing the contractor pay application; and ensures it is consistent with the schedule update and other progress documents.
• Coordinates cost recording, monitoring, and reporting practices for compliance with applicable standards accuracy and consistency.
• Coordinates development of schedule resource loading and levelling; and the schedule development, maintenance and monitoring activities.
• Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative
• reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
• Responsible for promptly reporting budget and/or schedule variances.
• Possesses understanding and appreciation for time frames necessary including BHS, Special Systems, Power, HVAC and other aviation related disciplines.
• Previous project controls experience on a large-scale, multi-million-dollar construction project required. Experience on a large-scale aviation-related project is required.
• Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities.
• Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous positions. Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educational backgrounds; must be detail-oriented and highly organized; and must be able to produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a customer-service attitude.
• Must present a “can-do” spirit within the controls team: inspiring them to produce consistently accurate results at a fast pace
• 15+ years of project controls experience, or five-years supplemented with a master’s degree in Construction Management; and at least six-years supporting a multi-million-dollar engineering and construction project, preferably in Rail Construction
• Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical and complicated construction program; and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical- and management-level audience.
• Proficient with industry software such as Primavera Planner, Prolong or Expedition, etc.
• Demonstrated project controls experience managing the design and construction of large-scale,complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles