Project Controls Manager - Rail
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of encouraging career development. Placing a strong emphasis on the training, and development of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
Due to continued success in securing projects in York, we are looking for an exceptional Project Controls Manager to join our highly successful team which are based in any of the following offices Warrington/Manchester/Leeds/York.
Our projects range in value of £1m to £50m+ across a variety of high profile clients therefore giving our team a diverse and exciting workload across the infrastructure projects, particularly Rail.
- Develop systems and procedures for Project control functions in conjunction with the wider business.
- Develop and manage the existing project control systems to incorporate best practice and procedures.
- Manage the provision / implementation of high quality project control standards and expertise
- Ensure integration of project of cost control procedures into the project delivery process.
- Provide expert advice including daily, weekly or monthly cost and time, status updates.
- Build capability across the Project Controls team in order to be recognised as the key players in the wider region.
- Responsible for the Project Summary Reports (PSR) for the project controls / planning team.
- Oversight of change control rules and ensuring compliance
- Accountable to PM for quality of reporting information;
- Ensuring compliance with procedures for bidding;
- Challenging cost, time and resource (CTR) estimates in bids;
- Accountable for ensuring all bids issued are developed consistently with project schedule and resource plan;
- Monitoring and reporting of project key performance indicators;
- Carry out schedule and cost risk analysis as and when required and advise action plan to mitigate the delays, if any.
- Managing the interface with the F+G Project Finance team and ensuring billing meets contract and client requirements;
- Management and update of Project Management Plan;
- Being the first point of escalation in the project on all cost and schedule challenges.
- A recognised degree and/or professional qualified to the suited Chartered Body, in project controls or be qualified by experience
- Strong problem-solving expertise, with the ability to draw on and apply lessons learned from other operating environment, to support strategic development
- Has held responsibility for ensuring successful delivery of a project in a similar operating environment and/or has contributed to the successful delivery of a complex programme
- Experience of Infrastructure projects preferably Rail and/or Highways, Nuclear or Utilities
- Strong knowledge of working in a safety critical, regulated and multi-organisation operating model within the public sector
- Responsible for managing small teams and own output to meet programme and/or project objectives
- Strong personal qualities demonstrable through their daily actions and engagement with individuals
- Strong relationship management with client peers
- Holds service management responsibilities including reporting and rectification of issues
- Ensures high quality output for the programme and/or project s/he is responsible for
- Effective client interface skills and experience with the ability to offer both strategic and project advice.
- Methodical approach to managing opportunities and risk, ensuring compliance with internal processes and procedures.
Required Knowledge and Attributes:
- High level of numeracy and excellent analytical skills and presentational skills.
- Excellent MS Office skills, well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Primavera P6.
- Exhibits a strong awareness of the level of interaction required with the project team function to support the successful delivery of projects.
- Ability to both accept and delegate responsibility and influence and lead a team.
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills working in a team environment.
- Good attention to detail with good time management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills.
- Able to use initiative.
- A full driving licence is essential.
- Experience in developing internal tools and systems
- Business development of existing and new clients
- Updating and maintaining company Project Controls Manuals and systems
- Management of a P+L account
Flexible to be office or site based as per the needs of the business and client. Role requires regular travel to client offices in York
Rewards and Benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.