Project Controls Team Lead
Project Controls Team Lead
Project Controls Team Lead
Why join us?
Our Washington team is growing! Faithful+Gould has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Controls Manager with energy/utilities/oil&gas sector experience. This role will provide leadership to our existing team and oversight to how the team engages, manages and interacts with the client’s contractors and subcontractors, during pre-construction, construction and post construction phases of the project lifecycle. This is a full-time internal position with Faithful+Gould offering robust benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project management and project control consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile clients across key industrial sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Supervising and leading a team of cost managers, schedulers and other project services disciplines.
- Undertake the role of client interface regarding planning, resource planning and budgeting.
- Identify, mitigate and manage risks to the client in respect of Contractors delivery of services
- Prepare, implement processes and maintain, procedures, and guidance related to project controls and planning
- Review Contractor cost and schedule reports for accuracy and devise mitigation plans.
- Maintain change management system for each project under the teams control, in line with client requirements
- Establish and maintain links with relevant support functions to enable effective
communication, planning and management of contractor/construction activities/initiatives including leading any necessary work streams or working groups.
- Oversee and provide services to control the on-boarding, and off boarding of staff
- Ensure adequate forums are in place to identify interface and coordination issues.
- Manage all project controls interface, coordination and logistical issues across the site.
- Ensure adequate and scalable arrangements are in place for the oversight of contractor’s cost and to ensure compliance with applicable site standards/procedures.
- Develop Project Controls Interface Documents to ensure compliance with the site’s arrangements.
- Identify and communicate the sites daily priorities and weekly key milestones.
- Develop, maintain and agree with the project lead, arrangements for periodic reporting, rolling look ahead plans, and meetings to ensure performance and interfaces are communicated and coordinated.
- Ensure that the Contractor risk assessment and work control process is implemented consistent with the client’s principles for integrated work control.
- Leverage and enable technologies, business information and analytics in support of Contractor Cost and Schedule Management.
What will you contribute?
- 10 - 12 years of relevant Construction/Contract Management experience or equivalent.
- Have an established track record for Project Controls and Team Management
- Experience operating on a power/utilities/nuclear site would be advantageous.
- Must be self-motivated and flexible relative to work assignments; possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and be able to interface with peers, other company organizations, and Senior Management.
- Leadership of complex change and ability to drive requirements into the business at practitioner level.
- OSHA-10 safety training preferred.
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Generous time-off benefits
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
- Career development opportunities through our corporate university
- Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
- Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and commuter reimbursement account
If you think that a career with our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity
in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy:
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs