Project Coordinator- Ecology
SNC Lavalin’s Atkins is seeking a project/survey co-ordinator to join our National Ecology team. The role will primarily support the technical teams to deliver surveys efficiently and centrally co-ordinate the delivery of surveys including liaising closely with extensive supply chain and reporting on programme and budget data.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a project support role.
- Strong IT skills including MS Office. Use of Excel/Access.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Close attention to detail and methodical, resulting in highly accurate work.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritize when necessary.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of nearly 100 ecologists and will be working on a variety of projects for different market sectors across all UK regions.
More about the Role and your Responsibilities
- Support project managers, with experience of managing smaller projects/accounts, possibly under the supervision of a more senior staff member.
- Programming in surveys, liaising with land agents/owners and multi-disciplinary survey teams.
- Responding to project needs to efficiently deliver surveys, in collaboration with project managers and project co-ordinators.
- Monitor and enhance performance on projects with respect to programme, budget, billing, and resourcing.
- Maintain a high billable target working on multiple projects.
- Closely liaise with the ecology teams and wider multi-disciplinary teams to develop project scopes and costs and input to tender opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal staff and external suppliers.
- Supporting the practice managers and team leaders to manage the supply chain and contract administration.
What you are like:
Approachable – to be supportive and communicative with all team members.
Professional – to work collaboratively with all staff and clients, maintaining high expectations and offering first-class delivery.
Hard-working – a strong work ethic, reliable, proactive and innovative, as well the ability to stay calm under pressure when working to demanding deadlines.
Excellent communicator – both interpersonal and organizational skills, verbally and in writing;
Adaptive – be able to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with staff.
Rewards and Benefits
The Atkins standard benefits package are listed in the link https://www.yourrewardatkins.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at the interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.