Project Coordinator- Ecology
Atkins are seeking an experienced project co-ordinator to join our National Ecology team. The role will primarily support the technical teams to deliver surveys efficiently and centrally co-ordinate the delivery of surveys including liaising closely with extensive supply chain and reporting on programme and budget data.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a project support role.
- Strong IT Skills including MS Office. Advanced use of Excel/Access.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Close attention to detail and methodical, resulting in highly accurate work.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of nearly 100 ecologists and will be working on a variety of projects for different market sectors across all UK regions.
Your objectives will be to:
- Monitor technical projects including programmes and budgets.
- Closely liaise with the ecology teams and wider multi-disciplinary teams to develop project scopes and costs and input to tender opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with staff across the Ecology Practice and our trusted suppliers.
- Enhance performance on projects with respect to programme, budget, billing and resourcing.
More about the Role and your Responsibilities
- Support project managers, with experience of managing smaller projects / accounts, possibly under supervision of a more senior staff member.
- Responding to the resource demand based on the pipeline of opportunities, in collaboration with project managers and project co-ordinators.
- Maintain a high billable target working on multiple projects.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal staff and external suppliers.
- Supporting the practice managers and team leaders to manage the supply chain and contract administration.
What you are like;
- Approachable – to be supportive and communicative with all team members.
- Professional – to work collaboratively with all staff and clients, maintaining high expectations and offering first class delivery.
- Hard working – a strong work ethic, reliable, proactive and innovative, as well the ability to stay calm under pressure when working to demanding deadlines.
- Excellent communicator – both interpersonal and organisational skills, verbally and in writing;
- Adaptive – be able to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with staff.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Rewards and Benefits
The Atkins standard benefits package are listed in the link https://www.yourrewardatkins.com/