Project Coordinator - Shoreline
As a Project Coordinator you will play a key role in providing leadership in managing/supervising construction projects by assisting in the project management and coordination of schedules, manpower, customer relations, engineering, and procurement. Risk analysis; project forecasting, liaising with EPC and subcontractors are daily occurrences in these positions. This position reports directly to the Project Manager.
The Project Coordinator reports to the Project Manager responsible for the project. Following the Project Manager’s review of the project estimate, budget, commercial and the technical review of the project, the Project Coordinator directs, coordinates and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering and construction requirements within the scope of a specified project.
- Carries out detailed constructability reviews to develop the engineering design requirements, project schedule, manpower and procurement requirements
- Plans and implements an engineering and construction program, including defining the project plan, activities, milestones, and manpower requirements
- Develops and maintains the project schedule and budget for the engineering and construction segments of the project
- Provides status report of project milestones and adjustment to schedules
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget
- Identifies project manpower requirements and coordinates manpower with appropriate trades and subcontractors
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, as built drawings, turnover documents, etc.
- Reviews project design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications
- Coordinates activities relating to technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems
- Evaluates and recommends design changes, specifications and drawing releases
- Interfaces with customers to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met
- Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management
- Forecast and tracks change orders and scope changes
- Assists and monitors safety programs and statistics as required
- Writes and reviews purchase specifications and subcontract documents
- Coordinates all site procurement activities including validation of material specifications, preparation of purchase requisitions, materials material tracking and ensuring traceability of materials when installed in the field
- Active involvement in quality assurance with regards to understating and implementing policies and procedures.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences
Our Latest Articles