Project Coordinator - Shoreline
Project Coordinator - Shoreline
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin is one of Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering groups. We have been providing a wide range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since for more than 60 years. We are proud to be the steward of Canadian CANDU nuclear technology and to apply our extensive knowledge to service the BWR/PWR market. Our expertise includes: Nuclear Steam Plant (NSP) engineering, Balance of Plant (BOP) engineering, Plant Life Management and Extension, Retube Tooling Systems, Inspection and Maintenance Services, Steam Generator Replacement, Plant Equipment Refurbishment and Retrofits.
II.PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Project Coordinator will report to the Project Manager and will be responsible for the co-ordination of engineering and construction work. This role will require continuous communication with all project team members, and will be responsible for identifying, planning and implementing various scopes of work.
III.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project coordinator is responsible an assigned scope of the project and accountable for performing duties that facilitate work progressing with safety, quality, schedule, cost, and contractual requirements.
- Project coordinators will achieve this by liaising with key stakeholders generally including engineering, project managers, project controls, procurement, construction, quality, client & subcontractors as required
- Project coordinators will produce various project deliverables including Construction work packages, requests for field changes, various project reports, commercial change notices, procurement requisitions, as built drawings, turnover documents, etc.
- Project coordinators will work with engineering and quality control to expedite the resolution of design changes and nonconformance dispositions to facilitate ongoing field work with minimal delays
- Project coordinators provides status report of project milestones, field progress and work with scheduling team to adjust schedules as required
- Maintain a positive relationship with client project counterparts
- Responsible for contributing inputs to the project schedule and/or budget and monitoring adherence to project schedule and budget
- Coordinates activities relating to technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems
- Provides status and progress reports in support of project manager
- Ensure work is performed within quality program requirements
- Ensure a strong nuclear safety culture is reinforced continuously
IV.OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains meeting minutes
V.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 2 years’ experience supporting various type of projects including construction, manufacturing or engineering services projects
- An appreciation of the importance of Quality Assurance Programs and their significance to the nuclear industry
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer relationship skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, blue prints and specifications is an asset
- Knowledge of industrial safety and nuclear safety principles practice is an asset
- Experience working in a live Nuclear environment is an asset
- BSc in Engineering or equivalent is an asset
- Commitment to Safety
- Stakeholder Management
- Problem Solving
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Team Player, Shares Knowledge
VIII.EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
- Customers, suppliers, Candu Partners
- Project Managers, project personnel, estimating personnel
- Trades personnel
Various work locations in both the field and office
This role will require significant time in the field in a nuclear power station, this will require use of radiological PPE and exposure to high heat and noise environments
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs