Project Cost Controller – Baden, Switzerland
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Project Cost Controller – Baden, Switzerland
Fixed term contract – 12 month duration
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to turnkey electrical AC substation projects, combining SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offer for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects
Linxon – A Leading Engineering Company:
As one of the leading engineering companies, we help our customers with turnkey solutions in the field of substations for power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
As a single point of contact we combine the accumulated knowhow of key-suppliers and contractors so that customers benefit from efficient solutions, increased industrial productivity and a lower environmental impact in a sustainable way.
As part of the project controls team in Switzerland, you will be supporting the project controls function for a number of construction projects. You will play a vital role in successfully executing projects from tendering to project closeout. As Cost Controller, you will provide guidance to the project manager and the project team. You are responsible for continuous measurement, update, analysis, and reporting of cost, progress, performance and development as well as for implementation of aligned project specific strategies for cost control.
Responsibilities and Tasks include:
- Implementing and maintaining the company’s Integrated Project Controls System
- Identifying and applying Project Controls best practices
- Working closely with Project Management and other project stakeholders
- Working closely with finance to keep accuracy on cost allocation
- Compiling, monitoring and reporting project performance, costs and progress
- Performing variance analysis and developing effective strategies and recovery plans to bring cost in line with budget
- Monitoring trends and supporting the preparation of the cost to complete estimate
- Participate in and contribute to risk and opportunities assessments
- Cash flow reporting and forecasting
- Supporting contract management on claims and change orders
- Maintaining and developing cost database for benchmarking
- Performing ad-hoc project controls analysis and support
- Adhere to all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations
- Assisting project management to develop and enforce lessons learned within the company
- Contributing to Linxon worldwide development, assisting other regions to build a strong knowledge networking
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in Project Controls, especially project costing, estimating and cost control functions
- Knowledge of engineering, procurement, and construction management with focus on EPC contract models
- Experience in budget allocation and establishing Cost Baselines
- Ability to gather and analyze data, draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations
- Quality-focused with strong attention to detail
- Effective communicator
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver under limited direct supervision
- Develop good working practices and continually strive for improvements in cooperation with other project offices
- Strong MS Excel skills for analysis and reporting
- Familiarity with industry practices
- Relevant job experience
- Ability to meet safety requirements to attend site visits
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to read and understand project schedules
- Related work experience in Energy, offshore Wind and Rail sectors
- Understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Certified Estimating Professional, Certified Cost Professional, Project Management Professional or equivalent credential(s)
- Graduate degree (equivalent of a Master’s) in a relevant field
Our Latest Articles