Project Director – Design & Build
Project Director – Design & Build
Project Director – Design & Build
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
The transport sector is changing, and we are evolving with it. At Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, we provide Design and Build and a complete set of project-based and tailored advisory services across the Highways, Rail, International and Local Transport markets. We help and support the development of strategies and strengthen frameworks that effectively respond to market demands and bring ideas to life.
Through innovative partnerships, we are shaping the future of transport. Our staff, forward thinking and commercially aware, understand the industry’s challenges and are able to maximise client outcomes, opportunities for our own growth and the benefit to society.
Our Atkins Signalling Business provides whole life cycle solutions in project management, project controls, quality and technical assurance and asset management, and delivers some of our largest projects. Project Delivery is integral to winning and delivering our portfolio of projects and this includes functional leadership and the application of the standards for how we govern our projects.
With this in mind, we are looking to recruit Project Directors for openings we have in our Signalling Business in the Anglia/South East/South (Greater London Based) on Signalling led, multi-disciplinary rail bids & projects.
You’ll have the opportunity to lead some of our key portfolios including on some of the largest multi-million-pound major bids & projects in the Transportation sector and increasingly collaborative programmes across markets.
- Providing leadership on significant high value programme of major signalling led multi-disciplinary infrastructure bids & projects
- Client engagement at regional and national levels.
- Maintain and further develop the existing teams to continue delivering world class engineering projects on time and to budget.
- Understanding and meeting the client’s business needs and for them to feel confident in our commitment to deliver.
- Briefing and directing project teams to ensure the work is carried out cost effectively and to specification.
- Contributing to bid leadership and developing winning proposals for our largest opportunities.
- Ensuring our culture of safety and commitment to the environment is maintained and promoted throughout our delivery teams and embrace our ED&I programme
What you can bring
- Demonstrate strong project leadership and commitment to HSQE throughout the project lifecycle
- Possess strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate, mentor and develop our people.
- Experience of leading the implementation of systems and multi-disciplinary works
- Experience of managing sub-contracts as a means of delivering key works
- A track record of innovation, embracing new ways of working and use of digital tools
- Experience of Design & Build either working in a Contractor organisation within Design based organisation working with contractor and can demonstrate great ability to control these activities
- Be able lead teams to effectively manage change control and mitigate risks throughout project delivery
- Knowledge of different contracting types, especially target cost. Experience of resolving commercial disputes, leveraging contracts to grow opportunities
- Track record of delivering to budgets and looking at ways to improve financial performance of contracts
- Ability to ensure robust programmes are in place. Provide evidence of ability to use programmes to report clearly to key stakeholders and delivery against milestones
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Senior Project Manager – Design & Build Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, an
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs