Project Director (Healthcare/Hospital)
Faithful+Gould are currently looking for a Project Director with a minimum of 20 years’ experience to work on healthcare projects in the Sultanate of Oman.
The Project Director is responsible for the allocated project to ensure the highest level of service to the client. You will oversee, monitor and coordinate the project to ensure it is completed on or before time, to budget and to the specified quality standards.
Further, you are expected to conduct yourself in line with the core values of the business and lead by example in maintaining the Faithful+Gould culture:
- Integrity; we act with honesty and integrity in everything we do
- Client service; we are dedicated to creating value and delivering service excellence
- Teamwork; we work together to achieve common goals
- Innovation; we strive to deliver innovative solutions
- Commitment; our people are our strength and we value the Faithful family and community
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
- Western educated, fluent English speaker with excellent written and reading skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Project and/or similar related discipline.
- Extensive healthcare (new build hospital) experience in a Construction/Contractor background.
- Member of a recognised professional institution
- Minimum of 20 years of post-qualification professional experience in project management of which min 5 years in similar role in construction industry, healthcare sector.
- Must have worked on sizeable healthcare development as a Project Director ideally from inception to completion
- Computer literate in the essential MicroSoft software, i.e. Word, Excel and relevant presentation programmes.
- Administrative skills
- Delegation skills
- Relevant similar experience within the Middle East
This role requires you to be motivated and results-driven. You will need to be flexible and adaptable in your approach to resolving complex issues and managing the project site. You will need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills of the highest calibre to not only motivate but to also drive the Project construction phase of the project.
Responsibilities: The role involves the execution of duties to the highest possible standards. It is expected that the role will include but not be limited to the following key functions:
- Implement a high-level and effective project/Project management framework that plans and defines the works schedule.
- Define and implement tools that will assist in the control and management of the project.
- Co-ordinate and direct contractors to ensure schedules and targets are achieved throughout the project lifecycle.
- Lead and oversee any opportunity for value management in conjunction with the appointed contractor/consultant team.
- Have awareness of the project budget, including risk allowance.
- Monitor and control changes/variations following approval by Client.
- Monitor compliance with Project program and identify opportunities for improved delivery.
- Proactively identify potential problems, conflicts, design and delivery issues using risk management tools and skills to mitigate impact on the project.
- Protect Faithful+Gould’s contractual position at all times and bring to the attention of the Project Director any issues of a political or commercially sensitive nature.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed where applicable.
- Establish the project site and facilities in coordination with the hotel operations team and appointed contractor.
- Oversee the effective operation of the site through conducting regular site visits and quality checks.
- Invest in sound people management principles to ensure that the team of staff, contractors and stakeholders works well and provides a supportive environment for the achievement of project and individual objectives.
- Managing the welfare and motivation of Faithful+Gould direct reports, such as Project Managers, Assistant Managers and Administration Assistants providing leadership, guidance and encouragement.
- Provide input and feedback to the Project Director on possible issue and conflicts at the project site.
- Be aware of the project contract and use were necessary to ensure the appointed contractor is compliant with terms and conditions as necessary.
- Chair meetings and ensure minutes are actioned in a timely manner.
- Provide timely regular and accurate reporting on the project for input into the project defined reporting process.
- Review and provide input on monthly contractor’s payment applications, variations and invoices.
- Actively seek and implement strategies to improve the client’s position in regard to return and value.
- Identity and resolve disputes quickly and reasonably.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with client representatives, consultants, contractors and adjoining property owners.
- Manage and coordinate the project handover phase with contractors, client contractors, tenants and building managers.
In addition to your project role, as a representative of the Company, you will use your best endeavours to communicate potential business development opportunities to the Company and to actively promote the interests of the Company within the industry.
Skills and Attributes
You should be equipped to:
- Manage and coordinate the inputs of project stakeholders and appointed contractor to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
- Assess and resolve site planning and coordination issues.
- Apply quality management principles and processes.
- Apply risk assessment and management principles and processes.
- Network effectively, negotiate well and influence people, broker relationships with stakeholders within and outside the project.
- Be aware of the broader perspective and how it affects the project.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary.
- Accommodation allowance.
- Transportation allowance.
- Medical and life insurance cover.
- Company gratuity scheme.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin.
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.