This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our consultancy team has specialists working on rolling stock, asset maintenance, specialist engineering solutions, infrastructure, rail control systems and strategic transport advisory services.
Safety – Integrity – Collaboration – Innovation
We are seeking a Project Director to work on a major project in Queensland within our Engineering, Design and Project Management (EDPM) business. The position will be responsible for providing high quality project delivery and specialist engineering guidance to our client. This role requires a high level of technical expertise, alongside the ability to effectively manage client requirements and employee management.
- Acting as the project leader for a large and technically demanding project.
- Managing select projects including being responsible to the client for all communications and to the corporation for the profit or loss on the project.
- Analyze, evaluate and manage commercial risks ensuring optimal outcomes for the projects
- Provide direction and advice to the project managers in the areas of commercial/contract management,
- Develop and manage constructive relationships with the key stakeholders
- Maintain productive relationships with the Client, Joint Ventures partners, major vendors and major subcontractors
- Facilitate team success for both project proposals and execution.
- Leverage their experience and expertise to advise and support Project Managers
- Provide project reviews and approvals as prescribed by procedures
- Supporting and taking an active role in Risk Management, helping solve both current and potential problems, foreseeing issues, etc.
- Acting as a resource to the project team for technical information, production sequencing, subcontractor crew loaded schedules and labour issues.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced staff working on assigned projects.
- Approving of all site-specific safety and security plans and ensuring 100% compliance.
- Organising and planning for the safe and efficient execution of the assigned projects.
- Maintaining the financial controls of the project and being held accountable for the profit/loss of the project.
- Support and drive the development and adherence of the project schedule.
- Coordination of the project team and holding each member accountable for their assignment.
- Maintaining a professional relationship with our Client.
- Developing ways to increase productivity and lower costs.
- Assisting in developing ways to feedback cost data to estimating.
- Continually expanding knowledge and use of industry best practices and innovation.
- Solving problems, as they arise, by using available knowledge and resources.
- Communicating and upholding the Company's commitment to Integrity and Code of Ethics, as well as ensuring the same for the entire team.
- All Other Duties as Assigned.
Education and Skills
- Minimum 15 years construction industry experience;
- Minimum 8 years experience of Project Management
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent in training and experience
- Effective problem solving and time management abilities
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with large-scale construction projects
- Experience working on-site with manufacturing contractors will be highly regarded;
- Process driven and attention to detail are necessary.
- Attractive remuneration package;
- Be part of a Global Business with a world class reputation and competence.
We are and continue to look for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenge and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.