Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
The UK & Europe Transportation Division in Atkins brings together the capabilities of our key markets, Strategic Highways, Strategic Rail, Local Transport, into a single £450m turnover business of 3,750+ talented engineers and professionals. The transport infrastructure sector is experiencing unprecedented levels of investment and Atkins is playing lead roles in key projects across the UK and Europe from high-speed rail to major road programmes to Digital Railway implementation. It is not just about today, the business is investing and building new capability and services in intelligent mobility, digital asset management and new products for the rail market. Our teams work closely with Government, national and local authorities to deliver integrated transport strategies and solutions that support economic growth and improved journeys for all.
The Project Delivery Practice leads the most complex, biggest and exciting projects within the UK. The project managers in this team directly influence the lives of people within the UK by improving their passenger experience, making their journeys better and by making the country a greener place to live.
Atkins Digital Rail business is providing consultancy and solution delivery services in the UK Rail market, including ETCS both onboard & infrastructure, Intelligent Infrastructure, cyber security and Traffic Management.
We are seeking a Project Director for the Digital Rail Project Portfolio. You will be responsible for the bidding and delivery of our portfolio of digital rail projects to time, cost and quality throughout their project lifecycle, from tender to closeout.
- Operational oversight of defined projects in the DR portfolio throughout the project lifecycle, acting as Project Director on the bulk of these projects.
- Ensuring these projects meet business revenue, profit and cashflow expectations.
- Working Closely with the Digital Rail Client Director to shape and deliver Transportations Digital Rail strategy.
- Contributing to the bid preparation and work winning process with focus on ensuring the deliverability of the tendered works.
- Creating a community of digital rail project managers to develop a consistent approach to delivery and to share best practice and learnings.
- Coordinating with the practice managers who provide resource into Digital Rail projects to support the planning of resource capacity to meet future needs.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships to support project delivery performance and maximise potential for project extensions and new work.
- Achieving a defined personal productivity target through involvement in these projects.
- Ensuring compliance with Business Management, HSE and Quality procedures.
- Maintaining your knowledge of current design and regulatory standards.
- Degree qualified (degree or HNC in a relevant Engineering Discipline preferable).
- Chartered status (preferred).
Experience and Skills
- Experience of digital projects within rail or similar industry.
- Experience of working with Network Rail
- Experience of the management of a project portfolio.
- Good understanding of Design procedures, change control, checking and Review requirements.
- Experience of how to prioritise and deliver tasks to time and Budget.
- Signalling or ETCS experience highly desirable
- Be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of teams.
- Have the ability to work to time and cost budgets.
- Have excellent communications skills.
- Possess willingness to work with Clients and their project teams.
- Have good presentational skills.
- Have good report writing and reviewing skills.
- Have a reliable and responsible attitude, pay attention to detail and have a flexible approach to achieve the best outcomes.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and input to activities in support of the wider business objectives. that may draw upon skills in addition to those outlined above.
- Be keen to develop a career in multi-disciplinary projects.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs