Project Director – Rail
Atkins, now part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies that offers great scope for your career. We’re very agile in the way we work and respond to new challenges. We deliver innovative solutions by working closely with our customers at every stage of a project. There are many opportunities to work with these discipline areas and widen your range of experience.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas. Atkins has a vision to shape the future of transportation, to lead where others will follow and to deliver the future of mobility today.
The transport sector is evolving. At Atkins, we provide a complete set of project-based and tailored advisory services across the Highways, Rail, International and Local Transport markets. We help to develop strategies and strengthen frameworks that effectively respond to market demands and bring ideas to life.
Though innovative partnerships, Atkins is shaping the future of transport. Our staff, forward thinking and commercially aware, understand the industry’s challenges and are able to maximise opportunities for growth and the benefit of society.
We work smart. We are focused on the needs of our clients and are committed to keeping our promises. For each and every project we safely deliver leading-edge solutions, policy outcomes and effective and efficient services for the best value.
With this in mind, we are looking to recruit experienced Project Directors for openings we have in the South East/South (Greater London Based), on Signalling led, multi-disciplinary rail bids & projects. The successful candidates will work within our key portfolios including on some of the largest multi-million pound major bids & projects in the Transportation sector.
Our Project Delivery practice within our Transportation division provides support and guidance to the whole of Transportation in project management, project controls and quality and technical assurance. Project Delivery is integral to winning and delivering our portfolio of projects within both Strategic Rail & Highways. This includes functional leadership and standards for how we govern our projects.
• Providing leadership on a significant programme of major multi-disciplinary infrastructure bids & projects or a single large project.
• Client engagement at a regional and national level.
• Maintain and further develop the existing teams to continue to deliver world class engineering projects on time and to budget.
• Meet the clients business objectives and for them to feel confident in our ability to deliver.
• Briefing and directing project teams to ensure the work is carried out cost effectively and to specification.
• Contributing bid leadership to ensure winning proposals for our largest opportunities.
• Ensuring the ethos of safety is maintained and promoted throughout our delivery teams through personal leadership.
• Programme Management experience at a senior level with a successful track record of managing multiple project teams within major multi million pound projects, preferably with signalling design and build and or new digital product introduction into service experience.
• You will be experienced in programme planning, able to set standards, provide guidance, and audit delivery of the standards.
• You will have the confidence and experience to pro-actively engage with our customers at all levels and in all circumstances.
• Knowledge and experience to handle contractual issues competently.
• Awareness and specialist knowledge to ensure safety in the railway and highway environments.
• Well-developed leadership, communication, negotiating, influencing and inter-personal skills, with the drive and commitment to achieve programme wide objectives.
• A management level knowledge of and commitment to customer service, financial control, competitive tendering, engineering quality and health and safety matters.
You should have strong leadership and managerial qualities, with proven team management and communication skills, and the ability to motivate and mentor staff accordingly.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.