Project Director - Toll Highways
Project Director - Toll Highways
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Tolls Project Director
We are hiring! Atkins seeks a Tolls Project Director to join our team in Denver, CO. However, office location within the U.S. is negotiable.
Under general direction, manages complex and unconventional technology or delivery systems for a single significant project within a defined technical specialty.
Projects typically involve high levels of regulatory agency involvement or very complex technical requirements
Provides leadership, direction, and technical guidance to senior project managers and project managers within assigned area of responsibility to ensure that quality management and technical services are provided to clients and that operating performance targets are met. Mentors senior project managers and project managers associated with sophisticated and unconventional projects.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
INTERNAL STAFF ADMINISTRATION:
- Assists management team in identifying staffing needs based on future workload and manpower projections for project staffing.
- Reviews managers’ recommendations to recruit, hire, transfer, or terminate project staff; approves/disapproves or endorses recommendations and presents to senior management for approval as required by established authorization guidelines.
- Reviews and makes decision on recommendations for salary offers for new hire candidates, as well as salary and position adjustment actions for project staff, subject to senior management review and approval. Recommends personnel actions as established by authorization guidelines.
- Conducts semi-annual performance reviews and annual career planning sessions with project staff within assigned projects.
- Provides staff with ongoing performance feedback and counsel to promote improved performance and career development.
- Helps staff identify and pursue technical and professional development activities consistent with their career development goals and project objectives/needs.
- Advises project staff concerning company policies and procedures; monitors and enforces compliance.
PROJECT PRODUCTION AND MANAGEMENT
- Assists project staff in developing work plans; reviews and approves schedules, budgets, project milestone dates, and work products.
- Oversees financial performance of projects; assists project staff in identifying potential problems to ensure remedial actions are promptly taken to avoid financial losses and client dissatisfaction.
- Monitors and enforces compliance with established quality control standards, ensuring that appropriate quality assurance activities are being performed throughout the project.
- Reviews QC plans and periodic QA compliance audits.
- Assists assigned project staff in facilitating work sharing with other operating units.
- Secures resource support from other operating units.
- Establishes work sharing commitments and negotiates outsourcing budgets with technical managers.
MARKETING AND CLIENT MAINTENANCE
- Develops, implements, and monitors annual and strategic marketing plans for targeted projects; participates in the development of Strategic Plan.
- Actively pursues, investigates, and evaluates new or expanded opportunities for associated projects and services within the firm by maintaining contacts with current and prospective client decision makers; identifies and works toward the resolution of client relations problems.
- Reviews proposals and selects interview teams; reviews and recommends project marketing budgets subject to approval by senior management.
- Maintains visibility and professional courtesy by actively participating in civic and professional organizations and encourages project staff to do the same.
- Maintains regional/national prominence and recognition through published technical work and/or presentation of papers at national or regional technical conferences.
CONTRACTS AND FINANCIAL
- Conducts contract negotiations with clients and sub-consultants.
- Develops and recommends operational budgets for approval by senior management. Reviews and makes decision on proposed project budgets.
- Monitors monthly performance against budget to ensure project profitability.
- Manages the project as a profit center; controls G&A costs; reviews and manages revenue stream.
- Approves purchase requests for capital items as specified in the Authorization Matrix.
- Manages accounts receivables and client billings; reviews and makes decision concerning final write-offs and past due accounts receivables as specified in the Authorization Matrix.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in field of practice. Graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- This level may be achieved by technical professionals or managers with twelve years of experience since B.S. or eleven years since M.S., with at least three of these years in the Senior Project Manager position with highly complex project management responsibility.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability; very strong financial management, team management, and leadership skills.
- Ability to manage and coordinate efforts of various projects to produce budgeted profits and overall results.
- Possesses specific expertise to the extent that the individual is regarded as a regional or potentially national expert in a specific discipline, contract delivery method, particular type of project, planning process, design method, or modeling technique.
- Personal computer proficiency is required.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs