We are seeking a Project Engineer who is already established in the Salt Lake City area or in the state of Utah to join our Project Engineering Group. The successful candidate will report to the functional manager for the Project Engineering Group and the Project Manager on the project to which he or she is assigned.
The person in this position will work closely with all disciplines (engineering, HSE, procurement, quality, etc) and project management to manage all scope related issues associated with the project.
This position will mainly focus on plant engineering and sustaining capital mandates at existing Client facilities.
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Manages and coordinates the progress of the engineering work in accordance with the project scope and schedule.
- Develop, coordinate and maintain project schedules to ensure cost, quality and schedule objectives are met.
- Develop and recommend improvements to project work processes.
- Participates in the development of project and engineering execution strategies.
- Manages and controls the engineering budget and deliverables list.
- Prepare project forecasts.
- Identify scope changes and request change orders in advance of performing work.
- Using established project management tools, measure on a monthly basis, the progress of engineering, to ensure that the budgets and schedules are being met, and if necessary, take corrective action.
- Ensures that the review of documentation is carried out in accordance with the Project Instructions.
- Prepare project status reports.
- Ensure that interdisciplinary coordination is carried out in accordance with the Project Instructions.
- Set agenda and lead project meetings, including preparation of meeting minutes.
- Prepare engineering and construction work packages as required to support the execution of the project.
- Initiate a prompt identification and correction of any engineering issue.
- Oversees and manages the procurement requisition process, reviews bid and tendering documents to ensure conformance with the project scope and the technical specifications.
- Develops, maintain and coordinates all interfaces with Construction Management team.
- Ensures that suitable and sufficient staffing is available to meet the performance objectives of the project.
- Supports the identification and prequalification of subcontractors.
- Clearly communicates the engineering scope, including the technology and the design information, to team members in order to meet project requirements.
- Reviews drawings and develop scopes of work.
- Management of subcontractors including change management.
- Establishes and maintains a climate favorable to the application of ethical and professional practices in the execution of the project engineering work.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or eligible for PEO registration.
- Minimum 10 years project engineering / management experience.
- Previous EPC/EPCM experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of project management and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other disciplines/fields.
- Working knowledge of cost, planning and control methods.
- Proficiency in a variety of standard project management methods and techniques.
- Ability to travel for extended periods.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational, leadership and teamwork skills.
- Experience working on sites in a construction role, commissioning role, operations role or plant engineering role is an asset;
- Ability to meet assignment schedule & deliver quality products under pressure.
- Self-motivated & goal-oriented.
- Proficient with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proven time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Salt Lake City, Utah
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the on boarding process.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Our Latest Articles