This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We are actively working on delivering, Eglinton-Crosstown (Toronto) and Trillium Line (Ottawa) and have a number of other projects at the proposal stage or awaiting award.
Our Mass Transit Systems teams deliver solutions that include alignment and track, traction power and power distribution, train control and signalling, and communications. One of the key components of our Rail Control Systems directorate delivery are the System Design Teams and the Communications and Train Control designs they deliver and integrate with the many facilities and vehicle elements of a modern transit system. In light of our current and future workloads, our Rail Control Systems directorate is looking for a Project Engineer, reporting to the Manager, Project Engineering for complex projects.
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
· Supporting projects acting as an interface between the design team and projects to support the delivery of communication systems including fibre-optic networks, fire alarm systems, radio systems, passenger information systems, telephony, building management/automation, access control/intrusion detection, Closed Circuit Television, and SCADA;
· Support Projects’ Integration of Communication System design into Stations, Stops, Traction Power Sub-stations, Maintenance & Storage facilities and Control Centres in accordance with Project requirements;
· Working with the System Design teams, other engineering discipline design teams and Project Design Management on specification and delivery of these various Communication Systems into the overall transit, urban rail and heavy freight project solutions;
· Interfacing with design groups (train control, power systems, fixed facilities, etc.) and with external team members (architects, code consultants, AHJs, major suppliers, etc.);
· Interfacing with Project Management teams for deliverable/project milestone scheduling and progress reporting;
· Interfacing with Rail Control Systems team for project resource requirements and forecasting;
· Supporting delivery of Design\Construction and Interface Control documentation within team and project mandated procedures;
· Interaction with Operations and Maintenance teams;
· Support of construction and installation activities in the field;
· Support for Testing & Commissioning and setting to work of mass transit, urban rail and heavy freight signalling, information, and control systems.
· Assistance with the generation of O&M Manuals
Skills & Experience
· Experienced in Project Engineering preferably for transit project’s systems;
· Experienced in dealing with mixed staff design teams concurring to the generation of design documents, construction drawings and submissions;
· Accustomed to operating within a multi-disciplinary project structure with responsibility for Systems project engineering;
· Self-motivated and able to work with limited direct supervision;
· Accustomed to working on multiple projects at one time;
· Able to interact with senior staff and clients as the point of interface;
· Able to adapt to changing circumstances and dynamic schedules;
· Able to work in design office, project office and field environments;
· Min 5 years experience in project engineering for Communications Systems in Transit, Industrial Automation, Complex Buildings or similar environments;
· Must be willing to travel to project sites
· Must be willing to travel to vendor locations
· Must be able to work away from home for periods of time
· P.Eng designation with PEO in Ontario: Company will support the candidate to get the P.Eng designation if licensed in another province;
· PMP certification is an asset.
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's largest engineering and construction companies. Our Rail & Transit Engineering Unit is responsible for the development and execution of large transportation infrastructure projects valued at several billion.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.