Why join us?
This position is based out of our Toronto office in and reports to the Engineering Manager. It is responsible for co-ordinating multi-discipline engineering teams, leading studies and leading plant engineering mandates. The person in this position will work closely with all disciplines (engineering, HSE, procurement, quality, etc.) to scope and manage various projects.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Manage and coordinate the progress of the engineering work in accordance with the project scope and schedule;
- Develop, coordinate and maintain project schedules to ensure cost, quality and schedule objectives are met;
- Develop and recommend improvements to project work processes;
- Manage and control the engineering budget and deliverables list;
- Oversee and manage the procurement requisition process, review bids and tendering documents to ensure conformance with the project scope and technical specifications;
- Clearly communicate the engineering scope, including the technology and the design information, to team members to meet project requirements;
- Establish and maintain a climate favourable to the application of ethical and professional practices in the execution of the project engineering work.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or eligible for PEO registration;
- At least 8 years of experience in the Mining and Metals industry;
- Preferably with previous EPC/EPCM experience;
- Site experience and/or experience working in an operations role in a mining process plant is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proven time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com