This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Vancouver, BC and reports to the Manager, Systems Design. It is responsible for project engineering support to the Manager, Systems Design in the development, maintenance and delivery of project objectives.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Manage internal project review meetings and supporting the design team at other project meetings.
- Determine project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintain project schedule and budget by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resource planning; resolving problems.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Manage project responsibilities by identifying project scope, phases/elements, ensuring correct personnel assignment to those and upholding compliance to corporate/project policies, procedures and QA/QC objectives.
- Control project plan by reviewing designs, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Lead risk and opportunity assessments and manage throughout project life cycle.
- Project engineering leadership and support to the Rail Control Systems design teams involved with Communication and Train Control systems
- Interface with design groups (power, fixed facilities, etc.) and with external stakeholders (architects, code consultants, AHJs, major suppliers, etc.).
- Interact with Operations and Maintenance teams as necessary in the delivery and integration of the systems into a revenue ready product.
- Work with the System Design, Domain and Requirements Management teams within the Rail Control Systems team on the management of delivery of these various Systems and their integration into the overall transit, urban rail and heavy freight project solutions.
What will you contribute?
- P.Eng designation in BC or ON is required in Electrical, Mechanical or related
- Project Management certification is an asset (PMP)
- 2-4 years experienced in project engineering, communication systems or train control systems projects is an asset
- Experienced in working with multiple disciplines in the generation of design documents, drawings and submissions.
- Experienced in the generation of technical requirements and specifications
- Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, Word), MS Project, P6 experience is an asset
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects at one time
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited direct supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Must be willing to travel to project sites and vendor locations up to 25% of the time
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.