Project Engineer (Nanticoke, Ontario)
Project Engineer (Nanticoke, Ontario)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Project Engineers are the single point of accountability for engineering services scope execution on projects. The Project Engineer is responsible to deliver all assigned engineering services projects as promised, to ensure they are being executed per the contract, established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), regulatory and legal requirements and responsible to communicate regularly with their client counterpart to develop a relationship that leads to follow-on work.
The requirements below represent the minimum expectations of the role. Other duties may be assigned as required by the business.
Representing Company at the Client site (located at Nanticoke, Ontario):
- Act as a site-based point of contact for Client and SNC-Lavalin team (both Seconded and Non-seconded).
- Identify and manage the interfaces between Nanticoke site and Home office. Act as bridge between client’s staff and home office resources to expedite and facilitate smooth execution of project activities.
- Build relationships by getting to know and communicating with Client key stakeholders, understanding the site procedures, capital planning outlook and resource requirements to drive new business opportunities.
- Provide oversight on the Nanticoke project execution portfolio. Effectively communicate with the project teams to ensure deliverables are on time and on budget.
- Planning and organizing Nanticoke work scopes. Requesting support from the HO as required for successful execution.
- Set up and execute regular interface meetings with Imperial to solicit and respond to their feedback on areas of concern, if any and other standing agenda items
- Liaise with site leadership to assess, generate and forecast upcoming work to input into alliance MFL, CAPEX and Dashboard
- Understand SNC‐Lavalin processes and procedures to guide clients.
- Build relationships with site stakeholders and guide home office personnel regarding key site contacts.
- Stay current on client site standards and safety requirements.
- Perform business analysis and generate data supporting potential business growth opportunities for SNC‐ Lavalin.
Workforce Leadership and Management
- Create a context that allows project team members to achieve targeted results.
- Demonstrate the leadership required to affect positive change, integrity and 100% responsibility for project results.
- Collaborate with functional Department Managers to ensure that the project is staffed with appropriate personnel.
- Provide project team member performance feedback to functional leaders on an ongoing basis and formally for the annual performance appraisal process.
- Assign project-specific performance objectives to project team members as required.
- Escalate project staffing concerns first to functional Department Managers as required.
- Facilitate manpower leveling for the workload in the Sarnia office (includes inputting information into the Sarnia MFL as required).
- Deliver all projects to established KPI targets (including schedule, quality, cost, health & safety) while operating within regulatory, ethical and legal boundaries.
- Ensure that SNC-Lavalin’s contractual obligations towards the client are met.
- Understand the client’s business and articulate appropriate direction to the project team for alignment.
- Understand, oversee and communicate project KPI performance to internal / external stakeholders. Ensure all project reporting requirements – both internal and external – are met.
- Clarify and communicate the project scope to project team members.
- Establish a project execution plan and quality plan as agreed with the client.
- Establish appropriate communication systems (e.g. meeting structures) to ensure that all required data and information necessary for the execution of the project are made available to project stakeholders.
- Manage client, subcontractor, project partner, project team (e.g. inter-discipline) and other key project stakeholder interfaces. Resolve interface issues as they arise.
- In collaboration with the quality leader, ensure that project execution adheres to the appropriate standards and procedures.
- Ensure project team members execute timely change management with clear communication to both internal interfaces (e.g. internal functions such as engineering, procurement, etc) and external interfaces (e.g. client, vendor)
- Manage the client relationship to obtain follow-on business for SNC-Lavalin. Support the business development effort required to win follow-on business as required.
- Identify and solve client and other key stakeholder problems that contribute to successful project delivery from the client’s and key stakeholder’s perspective.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with the PEO
- Engineering degree from a recognized university program
- Minimum 10 years relevant engineering design/project engineering experience in the oil & gas sector
- Previous EPC/EPCM experience preferred
- Understanding of the project execution cycle and deliverables and activities associated with each stage
- Understanding of project controls systems, tools and methodologies
- Understanding of the technical aspects of Engineering, Procurement and Construction work, including the interface requirements between the various project functions / disciplines
- Recent supervisory experience leading and motivating teams
- Strong leadership, organizational, team building and customer relations skills
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective presentation / facilitation skills
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs