Project Engineer - TransitNEXT
Why join us?
TransitNEXT is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin is awarded the design, build, finance and maintenance of the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
As part of the Trillium project based in Ottawa, we are looking for a qualified Project Engineer. Reporting to the Director, Project Management, and based at the site office location, the candidate will perform various project assignments requiring general familiarity with project management work and coordinate the activities of the project.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Developing and recommending improvements in design standards
- Investigating, advising and resolving complex design and field engineering problems
- Develop guidelines and initiating investigations
- Sign QVE certificate of compliance with diverse structural work such as formwork, bridge bearings, reinforcing steel, etc.
- Inspect temporary works
What will you contribute?
- Engineering degree (B.Eng.) from a recognized university
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in the province of Ontario (mandatory)
- Minimum 5 years relevant engineering experience in the construction industry
- Minimum 2 years project engineering experience
- Understanding of the design processes in a Design-Build contract as asset
- Previous EPC/EPCM experience preferred
- Solid understanding of project management and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other disciplines/fields
- Working knowledge of the company’s established guidelines, procedures and practices as well as other departments, suppliers and contractors
- Multi-discipline experience: knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other disciplines (process, civil/structural, instrumentation, electrical, mechanical, piping)
- Working knowledge of planning and control methods
- General understanding of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria in the province of Ontario
- Proficiency in a variety of standard project management methods and techniques
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational, leadership and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Team player
- Proven multi-tasker with strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet assignment schedule & deliver quality products under pressure
- Self-motivated & goal-oriented
- Proficient with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and AutoCAD
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You wish to leverage your experience and contribute to this position? Apply now!
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com