Project Engineering Manager
Project Engineering Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Project Engineering Manager
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION / SUMMARY OF THE RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Engineering Manager reports to the Project Manager or Director and is responsible for leading the engineering staff in a complex / major project. The Project Engineering Manager will oversee all engineering scopes on the project, including system and component new design and design modifications, tool design and design modifications and system and component testing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for developing and implementation of the approved Engineering Plan for the project, or phase of the project;
- Overall project design control, ensuring the design is defined, controlled and verified, and that all design inputs are substantiated and verified;
- Provide guidance, technical insights, supervision and feedback to the Discipline Engineering Managers that are part of the team.
- Execute the Design Authority function as required and as delegated for the project scope of engineering activities in which Candu has Design Authority;
- Ensure availability of appropriate verification and validation of design analysis tools;
- Ensure that Engineering technical delivery of the project is in adherence to the Engineering processes, regulatory requirements, codes, standards, contractual budget, schedule and quality as required by the agreement/contract;
- Engineering management and delivery of project design outputs to client and/or regulatory organizations as required by the agreement/contract and ensuring that design outputs appropriately address and meet engineering requirements;
- Provide general direction for engineering deliverables, ensuring that the final deliverables meet customer requirements specified in the contract and overall alignment with nuclear codes and standards;
- Review and approve key technical documentation;
- Monitor the technical quality of engineering deliverables;
- Interface with the Construction Manager and Field Engineering Manager for all site engineering matters;
- Provide engineering direction and set priorities for discipline engineering managers, technical leads, and project engineers assigned to the project;
- Responsible for identifying and proposing improvements in the areas of project – both proactively and in response to customer requirements;
- Liaise with Project Managers regarding the technical quality of subcontracted engineering services;
- Provide the Project Manager with status reports on resources, budgets, costs, schedules, deliverables and quality performance for the project;
- Selects, and manages the engineering team including providing feedback on performance.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors in an applicable engineering field. Masters or equivalent preferred;
- Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario and member in good standing;
- At least 10 years of experience in EPCM/EPC engineering management;
- 15+ years of total applicable experience including applicable experience prior to engineering management roles;
- Sound knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines and of CANDU technology;
- Prior experience leading engineering teams of at least 30 people is preferred;
- Demonstrated skills in the management of several complex technical projects, leadership, and project management of a highly technical group.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills in the development of team members and support staff;
- Strong communication (both verbal and written), and interpersonal skills;
- Experience managing sub consultants and work sharing with other offices within the firm;
- Working knowledge of construction methods, building systems and terminology;
- Excellent client focus and conflict resolution skills;
- Demonstrated business acumen – the ability to think, plan and negotiate strategically with a strong commercial orientation and good understanding of financial measurements.
What we offer at Candu Energy Inc.:
At Candu, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (i.e.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.):
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At Candu, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Candu cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin / Candu, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs