Project Geoscientist or Engineer in Training
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
This position is based out of our Environment & Geoscience (E&G) office in Fort St. John and reports to a Project Manager. You will be responsible for supporting SNC-Lavalin’s Site Assessment and Remediation team on a variety of projects for various clients, primarily in British Columbia . The ideal candidate is an industry professional that will have a broad base of environmental consulting and project experience and has the long-term drive, ambition and potential to develop and progress within our organization.
E&G offers consulting services in the following areas: land reclamation, environmental studies, environmental impact assessments and social impact assessments, habitat assessments and compensation, aquatic life assessments, air quality assessments and greenhouse gas emissions, carbon credits, sustainability, environmental management and planning, geographic information systems, contaminated sites, waste management, mining, water distribution and treatment, pollution control and rural development.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Development of work plans and budgets for contaminated sites investigation or remediation projects
- Management of projects and delivery of client services
- Managing clients and developing plans for client satisfaction
- Coordination and execution of field programs, including intrusive investigations (drilling and test pitting), monitoring well installation, groundwater monitoring and sampling, soil vapour sampling, and remedial excavations
- Identifying resource needs to meet project demands
- Overall project management including budgets, schedule, communication, resources, HSE, and quality
- Supervision of subcontractors and subconsultants during project execution
- Supervision, mentorship, and training of junior professional staff involved in carrying out field programs, ensuring project requirements are communicated and health and safety protocols are followed
- Preparation of technical reports including: documenting of field activities and methods; evaluation and interpretation of field observations, laboratory analytical data, and geological/hydrogeological conditions; and preparation of conclusions and recommendations
- Working directly with a wide range of project team members to develop client deliverables
- Identifying business opportunities for growth
- Maintaining current knowledge of applicable provincial and federal environmental regulations and technical guidance
- Actively promote proper implementation, culture, and continued use of Health and Safety, Quality Assurance programs, corporate policies, and procedures
What will you contribute?
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree in environmental engineering, geoscience or science, and a professional designation (e.g., P.Eng., P.Geo., or P.Ag.) or be eligible for registration.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience in the area of contaminated sites investigation and remediation
- Your experience should include preparation and review of work plans and reports for Stage 1/2 PSIs, DSIs and remediation programs including planning and execution of soil, groundwater and soil vapour investigation programs, interpretation of field observations, interpretation of laboratory data with respect to provincial and federal environmental regulations, assisting with preparation of technical reports, evaluation of remedial options, and preparation of technical specifications. Must be familiar with the CSR process, and requirements for obtaining regulatory closure.
- Proven experience in field project execution, supervision and coordination of junior field or office staff and subcontractors, data management, data review and interpretation, technical report writing.
- Proven experience in project management: Budget development/control, scope management, scheduling, and quality
- Strong client management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) combined with positive team-oriented attitude
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to work in the field or travel to remote locations if required for more complex field assignments, site visits, or meetings with clients or other stakeholders
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com