Project Management Associate Director - South West / M4 Corridor
Project Management Associate Director - South West / M4 Corridor
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we provide cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you will benefit from a development programme across our Transportation and Infrastructure Portfolio designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We are looking for an Associate Director - Project Management to lead and support project teams, and will be based in either our own offices, on site, our client’s offices, or from home, as best fits our client’s needs.
We are looking for collaborative, highly motivated individuals to:
- Provide effective delivery of project management services regionally across the transportation sector.
- Build successful working relationships with local and national highways authority clients.
- Provide input to the management team to support the growth of the sector.
- Support the current Director to develop and grow the team.
- Work with the team to continue to enhance the F+G Project Management Brand in the local marketplace and capitalise on the extensive pipeline of work.
- Tackle challenges continuously improve our performance and repeatedly achieve positive outcomes for our clients.
- Responsibility for developing clients in the sector of highways and infrastructure
- Growing capability in the sector
- Supporting national sector growth agenda
- Having leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team
- Being a good ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core competencies.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Complying with the Project Management toolkit.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a commission or project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Understanding the clients' programme and project objectives.
- Assisting to generate repeat business.
- Assisting to develop new business opportunities.
- Enhancing your communication skills, particularly with customers, to reflect the organisation's values.
- Awareness of the professional and commercial implications of your work.
- Contributing towards project governance and fee management activities.
- Building on your understanding of Faithful+Gould's and Atkins' service offering and promoting the benefits these bring to clients.
- Understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould and Atkins business, including appreciation of activities outside your own team/region, overall services offered and strategic objectives.
- Consciously monitoring how you interact with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
- Mentoring trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues.
- Oversee and direct a team to deliver excellence on commissions/projects/programmes.
- Identify best practice and integrate into exisiting
- Member (or working towards membership) of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent recognised institutional body
- Experience of delivering highways infrastructure projects from design development through to construction.
- Ideally experience of working Local Authorities, or regional / national transport bodies.
- Strong understanding of tools and techniques in the various disciplines within a P3M organisation.
- Established knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall project management techniques.
- Effective review of contracts documents including familiarity with contractual obligations, breaches and remedies.
- Good understanding and appreciation of programme and scheduling software. Forensic programming skills desirable but not essential.
- Ideally experienced with the compilation of contract documentation packages and associated DMRB documents.
- Active involvement on several commissions/projects as Project Manager, ideally using the NEC suite of contracts.
- General knowledge of current legal and regulatory developments in respect of construction and associated law.
- Possess sound technical health, safety and environmental knowledge, applicable to the business and wider construction industry.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other role related software packages.
- Reliable mathematical ability and accuracy in all your work, and good standard of literacy and presentation skills.
- Client facing experience, including working with clients on a commission/project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Understanding of the broader Faithful+Gould and Atkins business including having an awareness of the Strategic objectives
- Good awareness of the range of services provided by Faithful+Gould and Atkins.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Full UK driving license and be willing to travel within region to support project delivery.
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs