Project Manager - Chalk River
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Reporting to the Director of Projects, the Project Manager will be responsible for the execution of projects at the CNL site at Chalk River. A wide variety of projects are performed at Chalk River and include construction of new facilities & structures, civil works & infrastructure, utilities & services, building renovations, equipment upgrades and IT improvements. Most of the projects include a nuclear context and therefore previous experience in the execution of projects on a nuclear site is an asset.
The Project Managers will play a key role in leading the execution of various Capital Projects at the CNL site in Chalk River. We are looking for PMs who are leaders, who can build and motivate high performing teams and who can think outside the box to solve complex problems.
- A key function of the Project Managers will be to mentor and develop CNL Project Managers and Project Leads. It is expected that the Project Managers will introduce, expose and or assist in the implementation of common industry practices to the CNL team through their experience in the execution of major projects or project portfolios elsewhere.
- Project Managers may be expected to manage a single large project or a variety of multiple portfolio projects depending upon the experience of the Project Managers and complexity of the projects.
- Experience in end to end project execution; from initial planning and project internal approvals through to procurement, engineering and construction, commissioning and closeout.
- Project Managers shall be responsible for executing their projects and ensuring that they are performed safely, in accordance with the established quality requirements and within the approved budgets and schedules. Project managers will produce regular reports for both internal and external consumption by the client.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-10 years demonstrated experience in a project manager role
- PMI qualification an asset but not a requirement
- Solid knowledge of cost, scheduling, forecasting and reporting and working within an Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS)
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to analyse processes and impacts, provide recommendations and develop solutions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Flexibility to work extended hours
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.