Project Manager - Conventional New Build
The Conventional New Build (CNB) Project Manager will be responsible for the design and construction of 3 new facilities at the CNL site in Chalk River; the Logistics Warehouse, the Support Facility and the Business Hub.
These 3 facilities are being constructed at the site under an integrated project delivery (IPD) model under a single contract. The CNL Project Manager represents the Owner (CNL) and is part of the IPD project management team (PMT).
Reporting to CNL’s Director of New Build Projects, the Project Manager shall be responsible for executing the project and ensuring that is performed safely, in accordance with the governing contact, established quality requirements and within the approved budgets and schedules. The Project Manager will produce regular reports for both internal and external consumption by the client.
We are looking for a PM who has experience in end to end project execution; from initial planning and project internal approvals through to procurement, engineering and construction, commissioning and closeout. Experience working as part of an IPD team would be an asset.
We are looking for a PM who is a leader, who can build and motivate a high performing team and who can think outside the box to solve complex problems.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10-15 years demonstrated experience in a project manager role
- The ideal candidate will have experience in project execution under an integrated project delivery model.
- Preferably an engineer with a degree from a recognized university with experience in the design and construction of commercial buildings with a focus on sustainability and energy conservation.
- PMI qualification an asset but not a requirement
- Solid knowledge of cost, scheduling, forecasting and reporting and working within an Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS)
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to analyse processes and impacts, provide recommendations and develop solutions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Flexibility to work extended hours
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles