Project Manager - EPC – Vasteras, Sweden
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Project Manager - EPC – Vasteras, Sweden
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to turnkey electrical AC substation projects, combining SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offer for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects
As one of the leading engineering companies, we help our customers with turnkey solutions in the field of substations for power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
As a single point of contact we combine the accumulated knowhow of key-suppliers and contractors so that customers benefit from efficient solutions, increased industrial productivity and a lower environmental impact in a sustainable way.
In this new role, you will have the opportunity to be part of the early days of a new company as it is being created and shaped for the future. If you like new challenges, have an entrepreneurial spirit and are interested in working with other motivated and seasoned professionals with expertise in the EPC business, backed up by two large, well-established organizations, then this is the new opportunity for you.
The office in Sweden is responsible for managing project execution, business development and sales in our allocated markets in the Nordic countries, as well as Sweden-financed projects abroad, presently in Iraq but also expanding to other countries. The mentioned EPC projects involve high voltage substations of different types.
- In this position, you will hold the overall- or subproject-responsibility in the management of large-scale, multimillion-dollar projects, including commercial and technical responsibilities.
- Working together with several units, either as a consortium or as main supplier, you will represent the Linxon Project Office in the assigned project or sub-project.
- You will also manage, both strategically and operationally, the appropriate use of technical- and human resources.
- •As a front figure on our allocated markets, you are expected to have a keen interest in finding out and sharing your knowledge about new development, market trends, competitors’ products and risk management.
- Your experience has provided you with strong leadership and interpersonal skills. This means that you are a sharp negotiator, with an excellent ability to resolve issues, lead teams and work constructively with customer relations.
- You get your messages across in a coherent and clear way and lead your projects with great confidence – and you have the character to stand straight in good times and bad times alike.
- A natural ability to take initiative and apply both creativity and perseverance are necessary to negotiate and implement the necessary actions and this always within compliance of Linxon’s Code of Conduct.
- As Project Manager, you also need to be highly experienced in risk management.
- You are able to stay calm, even if unforeseen events threaten to disrupt your projects.
- Your achievements are built upon a solid business and commercial mindset.
- As an experienced Project Manager, you have managed several delivery projects during the last few years.
- Experience evaluation will be based on the particulars of the executed projects, such as complexity, duration; contract amounts, project outcome, etc. so please include that information in your application.
- You hold a Master or Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or business administration.
- A Project Management Certification or a PMP certification are preferable additional qualifications.
- Good knowledge of processes in industrial, large and complex or turnkey contracts is required.
- Experiences aside, the most important aspect is a great attitude. We are looking for you, who are enthusiastic, energetic, willing to learn and to pitch in wherever needed, in order to reach the project’s goals.
- You are curious by nature and have excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in Swedish and English is required.
Our Latest Articles