Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
We are looking to recruit a Project Manager to join our Central Rail Systems Alliance Enhancements team, helping secure and to deliver £ Multi-Million rail infrastructure projects and programmes of works based primarily in the Eastern region.
The role of Project Manager is to manage our experienced design and delivery organizations, located in the UK and abroad and manage key client accounts to ensure Atkins and CRSA remain as amongst the first choice of our clients.
Travel can be expected within the role to be present in project, CRSA and client offices depending on project requirements.
- Deliver major multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects, delivering on time and to budget.
- Support the win work process in bid management and securing future opportunities and growth
- To ensure Safety is maintained and promoted along with promoting the highest standards of safety at site.
- To establish & build relationships with Alliance partners, key suppliers, contractors & internal stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the Bid Manager, inviting tenders, selecting and making recommendations on all consultants and other external specialists necessary to facilitate the achievement of the project
- PMCF level 2 - 4 or experience in some or all the Association of Project Management technical competences.
- MAPM Status or recognised Association for Project Management qualification
- Experience of managing complex multidisciplinary major projects working within multi-disciplinary teams across a wide array of GRIP stages.
- Strong client and industry connections to harness future opportunities and growth
- Able to establish and build relationships with suppliers, client/contractors and internal stakeholders.
- Good communication, teamwork, negotiation, conflict management and leadership skills
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planner
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs