This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould are currently recruiting for a Project Manager with NEC experience for our Bristol Office to service projects in the South and South West of England.
This is an amazing opportunity for professionals who wants to grow with our team, with the potential for progression for the right candidate. These roles provide the opportunity to work on a range of projects up to £200m and to develop the Project Management service across the South West.
We are looking for a collaborative, motivated and individual to:
- Provide effective delivery of project management services regionally.
- Build successful working relationships with public, private, local and national authority clients
- Responsibility, under minimum supervision, to manage all stages of the project lifecycle ; including pre and post project controls.
- Having leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team
- Being a good ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core competencies.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Complying with the Project Management toolkit.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a commission or project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Understanding the clients' programme and project objectives.
- Assisting to generate repeat business.
- Assisting to develop new business opportunities.
- Enhancing your communication skills, particularly with customers, to reflect the organisation's values.
- Awareness of the professional and commercial implications of your work.
- Contributing towards project governance and fee management activities.
- Building on your understanding of Faithful+Gould's and Atkins' service offering and promoting the benefits these bring to clients.
- Understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould and Atkins business, including appreciation of activities outside your own team/region, overall services offered and strategic objectives.
- Consciously monitoring how you interact with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
- Mentoring trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues.
- Member (or working towards membership) of a professional body (e.g. ICE, RICS or equivalent recognized institutional body
- Experience of delivering a range of projects and some experience of working within highly procedural Government bodies project systems.
- Active involvement on a number of commissions/projects as Project Manager under the NEC form
- Effective review of contracts documents including familiarity with contractual obligations, breaches and remedies.
- Good understanding and appreciation of programme and scheduling software. Forensic programming skills desirable but not essential.
- General knowledge of current legal and regulatory developments in respect of construction and associated law.
- Possess sound technical health, safety and environmental knowledge, applicable to the business and wider construction industry.
- Client facing experience, including working with clients on a commission/project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Understanding of the broader Faithful+Gould and Atkins business including having an awareness of the Strategic objectives
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Confident, outgoing, with the drive to succeed and develop.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognises that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs