Atkins, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operations UK are part of a consortium, creating Connect Plus Services, a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways asset care from finance, through to design, build, maintenance as well as day to day operation.
Our A&P D Team are currently recruiting for a Project Manager.
• Project Management of Renewal and/or Improvement Project Projects from Inception to Close Out located across the entire Network. Project types include, Pavement projects, Safety improvement projects, Structures refurbishment, Geotechnical and Drainage works.
• Project Managers will be liaising with all Stakeholders for each project with particular focus on meeting requirement of Highways Agency (HA) and Connect Plus (CP) as primary Clients
• Project portfolio delivery to time, cost, quality and delivering the agreed outcomes with full supporting documentation to allow project close out.
• Working with Framework Contractors for project execution in accordance with the implemented Collaborative Management strategy
• Application of innovative and efficient design and construction methods to all projects
• Support delivery of all projects in accordance with Zero Harm plan implemented by business
• Responsible for a number of projects at different stages of the project lifecycle.
• Commission and manage internal and external resources in terms of quality, budget and programme
• Manage end to end project progress from asset team, designers, sub-consultants, construction team and contractors
• Manage schedule and resolve delivery issues for each project
• Manage cost plan for each project
• Routinely report schedule, current spend and financial forecast of each project to HA and CP
• Report detailed status of each project at HA monthly meetings, including schedule and cost forecast
• Liaise with Planner, Construction Manager, Project QS and Designers to develop individual project schedules and budget estimates
• Liaison with Asset team and Operations team as necessary
• Maintain MS Project schedule to identify milestones and completion dates for tasks and teams
• Assess, mitigate and manage progress, finance and delivery risks
• Ensure key project enablers are implemented, TTROs, Road Space Bookings, Local Authority Consultation etc.
• Ensure project transfer and ECI meetings occur
• Prioritise critical path activities and manage resources accordingly
• Adhere to project governance procedure and ensure all necessary supporting documentation is prepared and presented.
• Coordinate all phases of the renewals and improvements process
• Live the Connect Plus Services Values
• Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
• Support the delivery of the business’ Sustainability activities
• Project Management Experience preferably supported by recognised PM qualification, PRINCE2, APMP etc.
• Preference of minimum IEng qualification registered with Engineering Council and membership of appropriate professional institution (ICE or IHT) or working towards such qualification.
• Broad skills, knowledge and understanding of Highway or Structures Engineering and associated design areas
• Understanding of H&S Requirements related to Highway Engineering
• Knowledge of CDM and other H&S legislation
• Competent in exercising the duties under CDM
• CSCS Card
• Understanding of Environmental requirements of projects
• Knowledge of the NEC Contract and other relevant forms of contract
• Knowledge of Quality Management
• Knowledge of HA procedures
• Proactive problem solving
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong safety management culture
• Self aware and adaptable style to meet varying project needs
• Presentation skills.
• Team building skills.
• Ability to prioritise and self manage
• Ability to develop relationships and engender trust
• Demonstration of commitment to ongoing personal development via CPD
• Experience of managing project delivery to existing highway or structures assets in a live operational environment or transferrable experience from a comparable role
• Recent experience of coordinating interfaces with other disciplines and design teams
• Experience of managing projects through complete lifecycle
• Experience in the design and construction of highways or structures projects
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs