This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin is one of Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering groups. We have been providing a wide range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since for more than 60 years. We are proud to be the steward of Canadian CANDU nuclear technology and to apply our extensive knowledge to service the BWR/PWR market. Our expertise includes: Nuclear Steam Plant (NSP) engineering, Balance of Plant (BOP) engineering, Plant Life Management and Extension, Retube Tooling Systems, Inspection and Maintenance Services, Steam Generator Replacement, Plant Equipment Refurbishment and Retrofits.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Bruce Power is undergoing a multi-year Life Extension Program allowing Bruce Power nuclear generating units to operate safely until 2064. As part of the Life Extension Program, Bruce Power is undertaking the Life Extension Asset Management Program (LAMPii). This includes a large engineering program comprised of Projects covering multiple systems in both nuclear steam plant (NSP) and balance of plant (BOP) involving multiple disciplines (Mechanical, Process, Electrical, I&C, Civil, HFE, piping analysis, etc.)
SNC-Lavalin has opened a local office in Port Elgin to provide more effective project execution, and integration with Bruce Power (BP). SNC-Lavalin intends to continue to expand our local team to support Bruce Power’s multi-year Life Extension program. The intent is to draw upon the deep CANDU engineering knowledge from SNC-Lavalin’s resources and Bruce Power experience to increase the capability of the Port Elgin office with dedicated and experienced resources.
The successful candidate will have accountability to both successfully execute a portfolio of existing projects in support of Bruce Power and to expand and grow our business there. This candidate will leverage and build relationships in support of developing new business and to help drive recruitment and staffing of the local Port Elgin office to support the greater workload.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility for the execution of the work in terms of safety, project management strategies, schedule, cost, manpower and client communications
- Responsibility for financial, accounting, reporting associated with the assigned projects
- Overall P&L responsibility for the assigned portfolio of work
- Deliver existing project with sustained effort and focus on business growth within the assigned portfolio
- Liaise with key stakeholders, engineering, construction, quality client & subcontractors as required
- Develop resource plans and ensure staffing issues are pro-actively managed
- Maintain a positive relationship with client project management counterparts
- Identifies succession plans for key individuals and implements necessary steps to train these individuals
- Ensure work is performed within quality program requirements
- Ensure a strong nuclear safety culture is reinforced continuously
- Monitor and mentor resources required to execute scope
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- BSc in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in delivering various type of projects including services projects, major refurbishment or large scale Nuclear projects
- EPC experience is required
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, blue prints and specifications
- Knowledge of BP business and engineering change control (ECC) processes is an asset
- Knowledge of INPO (Institute of Nuclear Power Operation) practices and principles and practice same is an asset
- Experience working in a live Nuclear environment is an asset
- Must have a full appreciation of the importance of Quality Assurance Programs and their significance to the nuclear industry
- Knowledge of nuclear project work, financial operations, estimating and employee relations is an asset.
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer relationship skills.
- Excellent Leadership skills
- A strong business and technical mix is required in order to understand and influence key internal and external stakeholders
- Must have the ability to handle all matters in a confidential and professional manner.
- Negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles