If you are an experienced and driven Project Manager with proven leadership abilities and management of design through to implementation, we are waiting for you to join our team. You’ll have exceptional stakeholder communication skills and the opportunity to use your detailed understanding on design requirements and linkage to decommissioning technologies.
Working within our Nuclear and Power business sector in Whitehaven you will lead the delivery of Atkins technical projects or work directly for our clients embedded into their major programmes.
You must be able to understand and manage complex practical, technical and commercial issues. Able to work constructively with a broad range of stakeholders; leading project teams that are either local to you or distributed across multiple sites as well as manage contractors.
Many of our project are delivered through Frameworks where we have JV Partners and the role we require working collaboratively with our partners and delivering projects through the Framework Agreements.
Other aspects of the role will include supporting the growth of our capabilities through building a reputation for excellence, mentoring others, supporting business development and bidding activities.
You’ll have excellent communication, listening, stakeholder management and influencing skills. You’ll be able to manage client relationships up to Senior level, engage constructively with multiple stakeholders and lead delivery teams. Through your work you will also help support and shape the development of future business.
You’ll enjoy turning your hand to new challenges and will be keen to learn, whilst also wanting to support others within our diverse multi-disciplinary teams. You must also be able to successfully manage the commercial and quality performance of projects and proactively deploy a range of techniques to control delivery, cost, manage risk and change.
In addition to having excellent people and problem-solving skills, you’ll also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Management of design through to implementation. Detailed understanding on design requirements and linkage to decommissioning technologies
- Degree qualified in Project Management or in a related Engineering or Science based discipline, and/or hold a professional Project or Programme Management related qualification.
- Direct experience of taking full responsibility for project delivery, demonstrating accountability for quality, time, cost and technical performance parameters agreed with client.
- Experience of leading and directing local and geographically disparate teams and resources. Able to motivate self and teams, deal with conflict and create a strong delivery culture.
- Direct and demonstrable experience of applying a range of project management principles and skills to deliver successful project outcomes on a range of decommissioning / engineering / technical projects.
- Management of design through to implementation.
- Detailed understanding on design requirements and linkage to decommissioning technologies
- Demonstrate a responsible attitude towards safety and security.
Experience in the following areas would be of particular interest:
- Nuclear or Energy sector experience including design, construction and decommissioning (including CDM, IOSH, supplier and contractor management).
- Experience working within the Nuclear Decommissioning industry
- Delivery of complex technical projects and services.
- Preferable to have experience delivering projects to our clients on the Sellafield Site
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Travel to other company sites may be necessary. There will also be opportunities for international travel and applicants with a desire for non-UK based assignments will be welcomed.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs