Project Manager - ITS / Traffic Engineering
Project Manager - ITS / Traffic Engineering
Project Manager ITS - Traffic Engineering
Why join us?
We are hiring! Atkins seeks a Project Manager ITS -Traffic Engineering to join our team in Edison or Princeton, NJ. This role will provide at least 8 years of project production and technical professional activities related to ITS and Traffic Engineering.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Current NJ Professional Engineering (PE) License (provide copy)
- Familiar with NJDOT Road and Bridge Construction Standard Specifications 2007
- Design and Testing of a Completed and Operational ITS System, Including DMS, CSS, CTSS, and Traffic Detectors
- Experience with Testing and Acceptance Specifications necessary for a completely verified ITS implementation
- Design & Modification of Traffic Management Center
- Experience with ITS Architectures & Systems Engineering Process
- Data and Video Communications Networks and Systems Integration, Including Fiber and Wireless Systems
- Experience with Design, Deployment & Operation of ITS Technologies
- Must have managed at least one transportation project with major ITS work or served as Deputy Project Manager for two transportation projects with major ITS work from concept development (CD) through PS&E phase.
- Experience with the management of transportation projects with similar size and complexity from Preliminary Design/Engineering phase through the completion of Construction within last 15 years. Deputy Project Management experience can be applied for (2) projects
- Experience with FHWA's CAV Projects’ Design and Construction process.
- Experience with FHWA's NEPA process.
- Experience in maintaining Project's Budget, Schedule, Scope and Quality Management and should have been directly responsible for budget, schedule and delivery of Design Documents/ Study Reports.
- Experience in Project's Public Outreach.
- Experience in project(s) should have included: Highway Design including Traffic Signal/Safety/ITS Engineering and Utility Relocation; Electrical Design
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in the field (s) of practice. Graduate degree desirable. Management coursework and/or MBA is a plus.
- This level may be achieved with 8 years’ experience in project production and technical professional activities, two of these working as a Sr. Technical Professional.
- Professional Engineer Registration in the State of New Jersey required.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs