Project Manager - Leeds or Stockton
Project Manager - Leeds or Stockton
The Atkins UK Infrastructure Project Delivery Practice (PDP) is the centre of excellence for the delivery of infrastructure projects and the home unit for our project management staff. The team is responsible for delivery of design services across our Markets of Water Infrastructure, Defence Infrastructure, Aviation, Energy, Stations and Urban Developments. These may be delivered as single major projects or a programme of smaller projects. Our UK Clients include, AWE, Berkeley Homes, Babcock International Group, BAE Systems, Ministry of Defence (including SDA, DIO and DE+S), EDF, Environment Agency, Heathrow, Birmingham, London City and Gatwick, Glasgow and HIAL Airports, High Speed 2, United Utilities, Scottish Water, Port of Cromarty, Sellafield, Seven Trent Water, South Tees Development Corporation, St Modwen, Thames Water, Transport for London and the FCO.
Atkins is a key part of the SNC-Lavalin Group. As with many other organisations we are reviewing our working practices and locations both in the short and long term to reflect the impact of COVID-19. While the manner in which we deliver projects may change, our determination to deliver world class projects to improve the built environment remains unaltered.
We have an exciting new opportunity in our Project Delivery Practice for a Project Manager in the North East region based out of either our Leeds or Stockton office. As Project Manager you will be responsible for delivery of multi-disciplinary projects from concept through to construction on our expanding portfolio of the biggest and most challenging projects across all Market Sectors.
As Project Manager you will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following activities:
- Being the focal point for customer care and attention
- The successful delivery of the project to agreed targets, e.g. programme, budget and quality;
- Identifying and agreeing project objectivities with the client and developing a strategy for achieving these;
- Identifying, escalating and managing any matters that could pose a potential contractual/commercial risk to Atkins at the earliest opportunity;
- Setting objectives, and defining tasks for the project team, delegating authority and agreeing with the PD how risks will be shared as necessary;
- Actively managing the project – both technically and financially, in accordance with corporate and business policies, directives, guidance and procedures. Monitoring and reporting performance against programme, technical quality, financial and KPI targets; taking any necessary mitigation actions to prevent targets being missed, while managing an effective change control process;
- Leading the project team – building, motivating, maintaining, coaching, guiding and developing the team members. You will provide regular feedback to all team members and ensure staff have the necessary Quality, Integrity and H&S training for discharging their duties;
- Facilitating communication, co-ordination and information flow with the Client and within the project team, including any subcontractors and partners (internal and external);
- Assembling and owning the project delivery programme and delivery plans; providing project reports on a regular basis to convey cost and schedule information (monthly Board report) in a timely manner, as required internally or externally;
- Protecting the commercial interest of Atkins, including timely and accurate invoicing and effective credit control for optimal cash flow (with the support of the finance community); comparing revenue with predicted costs and identifying risk allowances, margin and provisions – at project set-up and monthly thereafter, including Earned Value reporting;
- Closing out the project on completion, archiving project documentation, updating market information, ensuring that lessons learnt are captured and disseminated internally and ensuring that a Client Satisfaction survey is initiated.
- Chartered Engineer/Architect or equivalent with demonstrable experience managing construction, design and/or operate commissions on large infrastructure projects
- Market sector experience that includes Water Infrastructure, Rail, Aviation, Defence, Energy, and Urban Regeneration and Development projects
- A hard working and flexible individual, who is a team player, possesses great attention to detail, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative whilst able to keep cool under pressure and when working to often demanding deadlines. Conversely able to work independently, within broadly set guidelines.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team and demonstrate good leadership qualities
- Understands and has experience in deploying various forms of construction contract, in particular NEC3 or 4.
- Experienced at preparing Scope Definition papers, Project Execution Plans, Risk Registers, Change Control Logs and Client & Stakeholder Management plans
- Experience of managing the design, procurement and supervision of construction projects including demolition and regeneration
- Management of projects to time, cost and quality objectives and familiar with programming and earned value techniques
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and within a larger multi-discipline team
- Understanding of 3D modelling tools for design and coordination purposes and the associated Information attributes that can be assigned and managed within the Model.
- A high expectation of performance for themselves and other members of the team
- Customer focused with excellent client relationship management skills
- A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients.
- Be available to travel across the UK and work away from home, with potential periods overseas on assignments, when required
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment may be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs