Project Manager - Major Project Delivery
Project Manager - Major Project Delivery
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Project Manager – Epsom Or London Location
The Atkins UK Infrastructure Project Delivery Practice (PDP) is the centre of excellence for the delivery of infrastructure projects and the home unit for our project management staff. The team is responsible for delivery of design services across our Markets of Water Infrastructure, Defence Infrastructure, Aviation, Energy, Stations and Urban Developments. These may be delivered as single major projects or a programme of smaller projects. Our Clients include, AWE, Berkley Homes, BAE Systems, Balfour Beatty, DIO, EDF, Environment Agency, Gatwick Airport, Heathrow Airport, High Speed 2, London City Airport, Metropolitan Police, United Utilities, Scottish Water, Sellafield, Seven Trent Water, St Modwen, Thames Water, Transport for London.
We have exciting new opportunities in our Project Delivery Practice for Project Managers. These individuals will be responsible for the delivery of multi-disciplinary projects or packages of work on larger projects from concept through to construction, on our expanding portfolio of the biggest and most challenging projects across all Market Sectors.
The Project Manager will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following activities:
- The successful delivery of the project to agreed targets, e.g. programme, budget and quality;
- Identifying and agreeing project objectivities with the) Senior Project Manager (SPM)/Project Director (PD) and developing a strategy for achieving these;
- Identifying, escalating and managing any matters that could pose a potential contractual/commercial risk to Atkins to the SPM/PD at the earliest opportunity;
- Setting objectives, and defining tasks for the project team, delegating authority and agreeing how risks will be shared (with SPM/PD) as necessary;
- Actively managing the project – both technically and financially, in accordance with corporate and business policies, directives, guidance and procedures. Whilst monitoring and reporting performance against programme, technical quality, financial and KPI targets; taking, or advising the SPM/PD on the requirements for, any necessary mitigation actions to prevent targets being missed, controlling change and managing effective change control process;
- Leading the project team – building, motivating, maintaining, coaching, guiding and developing the team; including providing regular feedback to all team members and ensuring staff have the necessary H&S training for discharging their design duties and defining line of communication and the responsibilities for co-ordination within the project;
- Facilitating communication, co-ordination and information flow with the Client and within the project team, including any subcontractors and partners (internal and external);
- Agreeing resource levels, project personnel and milestones internally (with the project delivery team) and externally (with the Client and other project contributors) and establishing a ‘bottom up’ estimate of project costs;
- Assembling and owning the project delivery programme and delivery plans; providing project reports on a regular basis to convey cost and schedule information, in a timely manner, as required internally or externally;
- Protecting the commercial interest of Atkins, including timely and accurate invoicing and effective credit control for optimal cash flow (with the support of the finance team); comparing revenue with predicted costs and identifying risk allowances, margin and provisions – at project set-up and monthly thereafter, including Earned Value reporting;
- Closing out the project on completion, archiving project documentation, updating market information, ensuring that lessons learnt are captured and disseminated internally and ensuring that a Client Satisfaction survey is initiated.
- Chartered Engineer/Architect with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of working on design commissions for large infrastructure projects
- Market sector experience in one or more of Water Infrastructure, Stations, Aviation, Defence Infrastructure, Energy and Urban Development projects
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbal and written
- A hard working and flexible individual, with a willingness to learn, who is a team player, possesses a good attention to detail, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative whilst able to keep cool under pressure and when working to often demanding deadlines.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team and demonstrates good leadership potential
- Familiarity with Scope Definition papers, Project Execution Plans, Risk Registers, Change Control Logs and Client & Stakeholder Management plans
- Experience of managing small and medium sized design projects to time, cost and quality objectives and familiar with programming and earned value techniques
- Self motivated and able to work both independently and within a larger multi-discipline team
- Familiar with BIM and has an understanding of 3D modelling tools for design and coordination purposes and the associated Information attributes that can be assigned and managed within the Model.
- Is familiar with the issues and management surrounding project delivery from multiple design centres, including the use of off-shore facilities
- A high expectation of performance for themselves and other members of the team
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients and team members alike
- Be available to travel across the UK and work away from home, with potential periods overseas on assignments, when required
- Holds a valid UK driving licence
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs