Project Manager, New Reactors and New Markets
Project Manager, New Reactors and New Markets
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin is one of Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering groups. We have been providing a wide range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since for more than 60 years. We are proud to be the steward of Canadian CANDU nuclear technology and to apply our extensive knowledge to service the BWR/PWR market. Our expertise includes: Nuclear Steam Plant (NSP) engineering, Balance of Plant (BOP) engineering, Plant Life Management and Extension, Retube Tooling Systems, Inspection and Maintenance Services, Steam Generator Replacement, Plant Equipment Refurbishment and Retrofits.
How will you contribute to the team?
The Project Manager will report to the Project Director (for major contributor projects) or the General Manager and will be responsible for all aspects of engineering, procurement and construction delivery. This role will require leadership of all project team members, and will be responsible for developing work execution plans, assignment of or recruitment of project team members, development of overall work breakdown structure (WBS), project deliverables, organizational chart, budget, schedule, subcontract and supplier strategy, risk management, project forecast and people forecasting and leveling (PFL) for the project.
A Project Manager is expected to have significant experience in project delivery and project execution methodology including an understanding of engineering, procurement, construction, contract management and project controls principles.
- Accountable for all aspects of the project and to lead all team members who are performing duties to ensure that the work progresses with safety, quality, schedule, cost, and contractual requirements.
- Assemble a project team through recruiting, interviewing and/or selecting staff with appropriate skills and establishing training and development programs suitable for the work. This generally requires close coordination with functional managers from various functions (engineering, project controls, safety, quality etc.) and in some cases with JV partner companies
- Responsible for developing project scope and deliverable definition in compliance with the governing contract documents, quality requirements for the project and any additional customer requirements
- Responsible for all contract management including scope & change control, requirements management, subcontractor and supplier management and governance for any flow-down requirements from the parent contract to subs and vendors.
- Accountable for all aspects of nuclear and industrial safety including adherence with corporate and customer safety programs, development and enforcement of necessary training and requirements, adherence to corrective action programs and enforcement of performance standards for all of the above
- Apply appropriate key performance indicators to monitor project health and performance and establish rigorous reporting protocols that meet all requirements of the contract, corporate standards and project-specific oversight as established by senior management or customer.
- Ensure that all project activities are performed in accordance with corporate standards of ethical compliance, cyber-security, import-export regulations, intellectual property protections and security clearance protocols.
- Ensure that project procurement and subcontract management including subcontractor and supplier oversight, invoicing, accruals and supply chain strategies are aligned with risk management, quality requirements, schedule and budget considerations and overall performance standards commensurate with the project and customer requirements.
- Accountable for project controls methodology with respect to planning and scheduling, baseline management, cost control, budgeting, cash flow, invoicing, cost and revenue forecasting and resource management
- Develop and implement detailed project execution plans and monitoring their execution through comprehensive reporting to clients and senior management.
- Accountable for rigorous risk analysis in accordance with corporate standards and application of industry best practice including montecarlo methodology and contingency draw-down curves.
- Form and maintain relationships with clients, partners, suppliers and project stakeholders
- Ensure that all formal approvals for project bids, changes and settlements are prepared and approved in accordance with corporate Level of Authority (LoA) procedures.
- Approval of hours of work (eg. timesheet approvals, overtime approvals, vacation authorization) for assigned scope/project in accordance with company policies, project policies and any applicable collective agreements
- Approval of Purchase Orders and Project Change Orders within the company or project tiered limits of authority – frequently one of several required approvals
- Authorized to represent Company to client or suppliers with respect to project work and has signing authority for project correspondence, invoices, work orders etc., subject to company limits of authority
- Preparing and managing budgets and accountability for assigned scope/project performance
- Responsible for regular formal reporting to sr. internal and client mgmt. stakeholders
- Provides feedback and effective recommendations into functional performance review processes
- Provides feedback and effective recommendations into functional hire/fire/discipline processes
- Makes effective decision/recommendation (or responsible for) with respect to resourcing requirements on the project (i.e. hiring and firing within the project)
- Make effective decision/recommendations on (or responsible for) human resource issues and effectively manage and resolve work performance problems as they relate to the project.
- Provide day-to-day interpretation and application of the negotiated agreements with bargaining agents as they affect the rights, obligations, and working conditions of employees
- Responsible for supporting the proposal process for similar new work incl. helping drive proposal deadlines, championing the proposal with the client and through internal review processes
- Provide clear expectations and performance measures, meaningful feedback, and recognize and reward achievements
- Responsible for supporting the proposal process incl. helping drive proposal deadlines, championing proposals with the client and through internal review processes
What will you contribute?
- 8+ years’ experience supporting various type of projects including construction, manufacturing or engineering services projects
- 3-5 years’ experience leading individuals and teams
- Understanding of nuclear supply chain and materials management principles
- Can build a team and can inspire them to perform and work together towards a common goal
- Lead by example and set high standards for Health & Safety and Nuclear Safety Culture
- An appreciation of the importance of Quality Assurance Programs and their significance to the nuclear industry
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer relationship skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of project delivery methodology including earned value, critical path scheduling, prime contract and subcontract management, procurement and supply chain methodology and inspection and test plans.
- Working Knowledge of industrial safety and nuclear safety culture
- Experience working in a Nuclear environment is an asset
- University degree or equivalent, BSc in Engineering considered an asset
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs