Project Manager- Rail
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of encouraging career development. Placing a strong emphasis on the training, and development of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
Due to continued success in securing projects in York, we are looking for an exceptional Project Manager to join our highly successful team which are based in any of the following offices Warrington/Manchester/Leeds/York.
Our projects range in value of £1m to £50m+ across a variety of high-profile clients therefore giving our team a diverse and exciting workload across the infrastructure projects, particularly Rail.
- Effective delivery of Project Management services across a range of Infrastructure sectors in particular; Rail, Highways, Utilities.
- Support Senior Project Managers on complex multi-faceted projects
- Provide support to PM Team Leaders as required on all business issues including but not limited to business development, client management, bid writing, thought leadership
- Degree qualified or qualified through experience and be a professional member of a recognised professional institution e.g. APM or RICS
- Strategic thinker with strong problem-solving expertise, with the ability to draw on and apply lessons learned from other operating environments
- Has led the successful delivery of projects in complex programmes in similar operating environments to Network Rail
- Strong knowledge and experience of working in a safety critical, regulated and multi-organisation operating model within the public sector
- Responsible for managing teams to provide multi-disciplinary skills and services to meet programme and/or project objectives
- Strong management and leadership qualities demonstrable through their daily actions and engagement with individuals
- Capability to hold key client relationships, managing communication effectively both upstream and downstream.
- Holds service management responsibilities including but not limited to resourcing, onboarding, reporting and rectification of issues
- Oversees and ensures high quality output for the programme and/or project s/he is responsible for
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment and knowledge of the construction industry
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a client facing role, for both private and/or public sectors clients
- An understanding of the role of an Employers Agent
- Be conversant with all aspects of project management and have some experience of both pre and post contract project responsibilities
- You will have provided project management assistance at various stages of the project life-cycle
- Possess excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to listen and understand client goals
- Possess strong organisational skills; arranging, and accurately recording project meetings (possibly having chaired some) as well as the control of project documentation;
- General knowledge of current legal developments in respect of construction and associated law
- IT literate with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook (and preferably P6)
- You will have the necessary ambition and drive to not only deliver a high quality professional service but also support the office with business development and marketing activities to help grow the team.
- Able to work independently (with senior support) whilst being pro-active and helping to identify what the next steps are in order to keep the project on track
- You will demonstrate a keenness to learn and would want to further your career by working on more challenging assignments in an assistant capacity and/or running your own minor projects.
- You will foster the company ethos by being positive, professional and collaborative.
- A courteous manner with a high level of professionalism - the ability to liaise with colleagues at all levels.
- A disciplined thinker and analytical & numerate problem solver who has the judgement and the capacity to think complex issues through and develop effective solutions in a timely fashion.
- The drive and self-motivation to have achieved a degree qualification and to continuously develop their technical and behavioural skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. An ability to influence others through the use of sound judgement and good sense
- Smart and professional appearance
- Should have the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and on their own initiative
- Be able to provide driving licence/passport or other proof of identification in order to successfully pass the security requirements of our clients
- Able to travel to various site locations
Flexible to be office or site based as per the needs of the business and client. Role requires regular travel to client offices in York
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device:
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you during the interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.