Project Manager - Toll Roads
Project Manager - Toll Roads
Project Manager – Toll Roads
Why join us?
We are hiring! Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team in Orlando, Florida as a Project Manager- Toll Roads, supporting the Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise (FTE) General Engineering Consultant (GEC) Program, working as an “extension of staff” in the client’s office in Ocoee, FL (metro Orlando area). This position will provide career growth opportunities through management of FTE toll road, and express / managed lanes toll road infrastructure projects.
The ideal candidate will have a background as a traditional design project manager for DOT highway projects, with experience in limited access and tolling facility projects. A broad base of skills, capability and experience is desired in engineering, project management, administration and communicating. Willingness to be a team player is a must.
Relocation assistance is available.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Serves as GEC Project Manager for the client’s Engineering Group and will manage other consultants and Atkins staff, as well as provide support to the client’s staff on numerous types of design/construction projects related primarily to limited access highway and toll facilities.
- Performs basic project management functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and financial management.
- Collaborates with Client Management in Production, Construction, Tolls, Maintenance and Operations and program/project stakeholders.
- Coordinates and participates in the preparation of the Request for Proposal documents developed by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) for the solicitation of civil contractors to prepare construction documents for capital improvement projects and deliver the infrastructure required to support associated tolling operations.
- Assists the client with design services contract procurements.
- Coordinates and works with FTE and FDOT staff to support project development and delivery from conceptual phase, planning, design, construction, implementation, to ongoing operations and maintenance.
- Coordinates multi-disciplinary teams from client staff, GEC staff, and consultant staff to work towards technical solutions that are in the best interests of the overall project.
- Serves as an extension of client staff, working on a daily basis with the agency’s offices.
- Communicates regularly with client staff, project managers, external agencies and consultant staff.
- Performs occasional field work with technical staff to collect site specific data as projects require.
- Processes supplemental amendments and contract invoices.
- Prepares graphic displays, presentations, and reports, and present to various stakeholders.
- Coordinates public involvement activities, including community workshops, public meetings, and presentations to agencies and organizations
- Prepares and maintains project work plan, scope, schedule and budget, and communicate these to client project team members and management; monitors/manages project production for compliance with scope, schedule, budget and quality objectives and commitments.
- Coordinates preparation of concept reports to be used for scoping and budgeting projects; participates in project opportunity evaluation
- Schedules and coordinates project meetings; establish and maintain project files.
- Coordinates construction document reviews and development of agreements with local governments, utility agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Assists with right-of-way needs identification and acquisition.
- Provides post-design construction support including oversight of development of plans revisions, reviewing responses to contractor’s request for information, and coordination of shop drawing reviews.
- Effectively manages engineering projects with interdepartmental and interagency coordination; identify and mitigate project risks.
- Monitors and enforces compliance with established quality control standards, ensuring that appropriate quality assurance activities are being performed throughout the project, review QC plans and periodic QA compliance audits.
- Assists client with evaluation of consultant performance.
- Incudes travel throughout the state of Florida to stakeholders’ offices and venues for meetings and presentations.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering required. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- Requires minimum of eight (8) years engineering experience in project production and technical professional activities; five (5) years working as a Project Manager. Experience with toll facility/limited access projects is a plus.
- Typical incumbent will have 10-15 years of experience.
- General Engineering Consultant (GEC) experience is a plus.
- FDOT Design-Build experience is also a plus.
- Knowledge of FDOT policies, procedures, and standards is preferred.
- Proven collaborative leadership with effective negotiation, interpersonal and partnering skills.
- Strong written, oral and listening communication skills in English; good public speaking ability.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; organizational and time management skills.
- Strong project financial and schedule management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft personal computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project; working knowledge of SharePoint and other project management / production support systems.
- Professional Engineer Registration in the State of Florida required, or if registered in another state, the ability to obtain registration in the State of Florida within three (3) months.
- PMP certification is desirable.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs