Project Manager - Tolling
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join Atkins in Orlando, FL as a Project Manager - Tolling supporting the Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise (FTE) General Engineering Consultant (GEC) Program, working as an “extension of staff” in the client’s office in Ocoee, FL (metro Orlando area). This position will provide career growth opportunities through management of FTE toll road, and express / managed lanes toll road infrastructure projects.
The ideal candidate will have a background as a project manager for DOT highway projects, with experience in management of complex projects. A broad base of skills, capability and experience is desired in engineering, administration and communicating. Willingness to be a team player is a must.
Relocation assistance is available.
The Tolls PM reports to Atkins’ Tolls Program Manager. Serves as a GEC Project Manager for the client’s Tolls Group ensuring scope, schedule and budget requirements are achieved. Involvement in traditional electronic tolling, all-electronic tolling conversions, toll equipment lifecycle replacement, and express lanes projects statewide.
The Tolls PM is the primary point of contact for all tolls items for the entire life-cycle of a project: Planning, design, construction / implementation, initial operations.The Tolls PM is the point of contact for all tolls-related issues. Coordinates with ongoing production projects to ensure that the design of the tolling site meets the requirements of FTE tolls requirements. Provides support to the client’s staff on numerous types of design / construction projects related primarily to capacity improvement projects, express lanes and toll facilities.
Collaborates with Client Management in Production, Construction, Tolls, Maintenance and Operations and major program / project stakeholders. Serves as an extension of client staff, working on a daily basis with the agency’s offices.
- Attends production design meetings to provide guidance and input from a tolls perspective, and to stay informed concerning the schedule and issues that may impact tolling elements of a project.
- Attends contractor construction meetings as necessary to provide guidance and input from a tolls perspective, and to stay informed concerning the schedule and issues that may impact tolling elements of a project.
- Prepares monthly reports of the toll site design and subsequent construction status.
- Prepares requests for assigning toll plaza names and plaza ID numbers.
- As part of project management, reviews toll siting technical memos (TSTM), toll facility design submittals, and shop drawings.
- Coordinates with others on the development of express lane diagrams which establish corridor level concept of operations.
- Assists in the development of corridor-level phasing of express lane opening and operations.
- Coordinates with the Tolls Facility Design group on plan reviews, shop drawing reviews and other design submittals that have toll facility elements. This group performs the detailed design analysis.
- Coordinates with the Production PM throughout the course of the project.
- Coordinates with other FDOT Districts on tolling aspects related to Express Lane projects.
- Coordinates the preparation of layout plans for the tolling site pavement loops, equipment locations on gantries, and equipment in shelters. Performs a detailed review plans developed by others.
- Coordinates with tolls construction and the tolls equipment contractor prior to and during construction. Reviews toll system integrator commissioning reports.
- Coordinates with the tolls back office and customer service system vendor for integrating new toll sites into the back office.
- Coordinates with finance department regarding plaza names and numbers, project “go-live,” reports, and testing.
- Coordinates with Traffic Operations on Statewide Express Lane Software readiness and ITS lane system readiness for express lane implementations.
- Coordinates with public information office regarding toll site and express lane activities.
- Coordinates with tolls construction for requesting building permit reviews and FCC notifications.
- Prepares express lane implementation strategies, implementation plans, and “go-live” playbook.
- Conducts daily update meetings prior to tolling point “go-live” to review the status of implementation tasks.
- Conducts the on-site “go-live” activities for opening the express lanes.
- Attends weekly implementation meetings as a toll site is commissioned and “goes-live.”
- Coordinates post “go-live” monitoring and reporting.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required in field of practice, such as civil, electrical, systems engineering, information technology. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- Requires minimum of eight (8) years of engineering experience in project production and technical professional activities, and four (4) years working as a Project Manager.
- Project Management Certification (i.e. PMP) is preferred.
- Experience with toll facility / limited access projects is a plus.
- FDOT or Turnpike experience preferred but not mandatory.
- General Engineering Consultant (GEC) experience is a plus.
- FDOT Design-Build experience is also a plus.
- Knowledge of FDOT policies, procedures, and standards is desired.
- Proven collaborative leadership with effective interpersonal and partnering skills.
- Strong written, oral and listening communication skills in English; good public speaking ability.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; organizational and time management skills.
- Strong project and schedule management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft personal computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project; Working knowledge of SharePoint and other project management / production support systems.
- Professional Engineer Registration in the State of Florida is required, or if registered in another state, the ability to obtain registration in the State of Florida within three (3) months.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles