Project Manager – Vasteras, Sweden
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Project Manager – Vasteras, Sweden
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to turnkey electrical AC substation projects, combining SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge.
Linxon in Sweden is responsible for managing business development, sales and construction of high voltage substations, delivered turn-key to our clients in the Nordic countries, as well as for Sweden-financed projects abroad. The mentioned projects involve high voltage substations of different voltage levels and technologies.
We are looking to strengthen our execution team with a Project Manager to cater for our strong project pipeline in the Nordic countries.
• In this position, you will hold the overall commercial and technical responsibility for the successful execution of large-scale, multimillion-dollar substation construction projects, delivered to our clients in Scandinavia.
• Jointly with your project team you will take-over the project from the sales organization, engineer the system, select the supply and subcontractor base, and manage the construction phase until successful energization and hand-over to the client
• You will define the resource requirements for the project and manage and motivate the allocated resources for successful project execution
• You are responsible to complete the project on time, commercially successful and with high customer satisfaction
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. This means that you are a sharp negotiator, with an excellent ability to resolve issues, lead teams and work constructively with customer relations.
• You have extensive experience and a successful track record to deliver complex infrastructure construction projects in Scandinavia, preferably with public utility clients / grid operators in Scandinavia (Stattnet, Sevenska Kraftnät, Ellevio, ..). NB: Experience evaluation will be based on the particulars of the executed projects, such as complexity, duration; contract amounts, project outcome, etc. so please include that information in your application.
• You get your messages across in a coherent and clear way and lead your projects with great confidence – and you have the character to stand straight in good times and bad times alike.
• A natural ability to take initiative and apply both creativity and perseverance are necessary to negotiate and implement the necessary actions and this always within compliance of Linxon’s Code of Conduct.
• As Project Manager, you also need to be highly experienced in risk management. You are able to stay calm, even if unforeseen events threaten to disrupt your projects.
• Your achievements are built upon a solid business and commercial mindset.
• You hold a Master or Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or business administration.
• A Project Management Certification or a PMP certification are preferable additional qualifications.
• Good knowledge of processes in industrial, large and complex or turnkey contracts is required.
• Experiences aside, the most important aspect is a great attitude. We are looking for you, who are enthusiastic, energetic, willing to learn and to pitch in wherever needed, in order to reach the project’s goals.
• You are curious by nature and have excellent communication skills. Fluency in English and Swedish is required, and fluency in Arabic would be considered added value.
To know more about Linxon click on the Video link below: