Project Office - Administrative Assistant
Designing for the future is about more than predicting what it looks like. It’s about having the know-how and the expertise to turn predictions into projects that deliver results and meet ever-changing needs. That’s what we do every day: for our clients, for their customers and for the sustainable future of our business and the world we operate in.
Here at SNC-Lavalin’s Ottawa office, we believe in developing our employees to their utmost potential. We promote teamwork and collaboration, which is why our culture speaks for itself; our people are motivated to give their best and have a sense of personal fulfillment. Each member of our team is integral in ensuring a positive work place backed by a company committed to the safety of its employees.
Our once small office has seen exponential and continuous growth since its opening in 2016, going from 3 to over 100 employees! To keep the positive trend going, we are seeking to add another superstar to our team…
The Infrastructure Engineering division is currently looking for a Project Office - Administrative Assistant for its National Capital Region office. We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenge and actively seek to develop and improve our processes.
- Process, control and administer project documentation (specifications, schedules, technical reports, etc.)
- Ensure document quality control in accordance with company procedures
- Follow up and expedite priority items with relevant managers, engineers, consultants
- Liaise and coordinate with internal project team and external consultants and contractors to send and receive various reports, drawings, submittals and other outstanding issues
- Assist project teams with project openings and overall project coordination
- Maintain up to date files, databases and filing system
- Manage and update project data sheets, as required
- Prepare general correspondence (letters, memos, emails, meeting minutes) as required
- Other office responsibilities as assigned or required
Occasional reception relief
- Post-secondary education
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant administrative experience
- Experience in technical writing (reports and specifications)
- Experience with NMS Specifications is an asset
- Experience with financial control and accounting system (e.g. Oracle) is an asset
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with MS Project is an asset
- Bilingual, English and French (oral and written) is an asset
- Punctual, reliable, detail oriented, task oriented, and organized
- Ability to multitask and to respond to various managers
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and adapt to shifting priorities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.