This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins, now part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies that offers great scope for your career. We’re very agile in the way we work and respond to new challenges. We deliver innovative solutions by working closely with our customers at every stage of a project. There are many opportunities to work with these discipline areas and widen your range of experience.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas. Atkins has a vision to shape the future of transportation, to lead where others will follow and to deliver the future of mobility today.
The Transportation business covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management, from inception and options appraisal through to detailed design and delivery/construction support. It is our centre of excellence for the design of highway and rail infrastructure projects. We aim to be the first-choice designer for local and national highway authorities, contractors and developers.
Within its Transportation Division, Atkins has an exciting and challenging portfolio of projects and Clients. The business undertakes a wide variety of asset stabilisation, signalling renewal and network enhancement projects on behalf of our primary clients Network Rail, Highways England and the like.
Due to continued growth we are now looking to recruit an additional Project Planner to work within the Project Controls team supporting various projects
• You will be responsible for supporting Senior Management for planning functions within the Project Controls business unit.
• Ensuring that all issues within the programme are highlighted and understood by Senior Management and giving appropriate planning advice.
• You will deliver the Period Programme Update and information regarding changes and delays that have impacted the programme on a period by period basis.
• You will deliver the necessary reports to allow Senior Managers to direct the project appropriately.
• Able to work on their own initiative, chair Progress Meetings and able to communicate clear and concise data to the Project team and the Client.
• Provide planning support and advise for bid teams in submission of tenders.
• Experience of working on large projects (1m – 50m).
• Tender Planning experience advantageous.
• Experience of various forms of contract, including NEC and their various options.
• Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of Project Controls Techniques including Earned Value Management, Critical Path analysis, Cost Management, Change Control and Work Package Management.
• Must have an excellent understanding for how projects are designed, procured, constructed and commissioned.
• Experience of working with company Enterprise systems.
• Knowledge of the Railway sector advantageous, ideally within Signalling, Telecoms and London Underground.
• Extensive experience of using Microsoft Products.
• Proficient user of Primavera P6 with significant experience.
• Ideally you will have a degree, HND or equivalent experience from a related engineering industry.
• Numerate and well organised and able to work on your own initiative and handle the complexities of several projects simultaneously.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, world class project controls team; working on some of the UK’s largest transportation infrastructure projects. You will be part of an experienced team that have a significant impact on the successful delivery of these multi million pound contracts, using state of the art project controls tools and techniques that provide concise information to the projects they support. Atkins Project Controls are recognised as an internationally renowned consultant, working on large transportation infrastructure projects within the UK and overseas.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.